By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anime discussion - Finally Naruto manga has come to an end

Super_Boom said:
MohammadBadir said:

Maybe so, but in the case of Bleach, there's been a build up ever since the manga started, and frankly Ichigo's not gonna live with Chad and Inoue in the real world anymore after this whole Quincy thing.

I assume this a reference to Kyoraku's (or was it Oetsu's? can't remember) warning earlier in the TYBW arc. Personally I took that as more artificial tension, something Kubo thrives on, rather than actual foreshadowing. Kubo might lock Ichigo in SS due to his new power, but he's no more obligated to keep him there than he was to keep him without Shinigami powers. 

My personal theory is that Ichigo's either going to join the Royal Guard or go back to his family as a permanent Substitute. Now that he has Quincy, Hollow, and Shinigami powers, I can't see him choosing to stay in SS any more than HM or the Quincy Palace. Basically, he'd either reach a point above everyone permanently, or he'd come back to the point he started the story at. The fact that the human nakama are still being brought to the forefront, while Ichigo's closest Shinigami companions, Renji and Rukia, are stuck fighting fodder with the likes of Ikkaku and Shuhei, tells me that Kubo still intends to emphasize his bonds with the human nakama.

As for the pairing stuff...I honestly can see it going any which way, or no way at all.

He wouldn't want to join the Royal Gaurd because he'd be unable to see his friends and family and/or protect them, He wouldn't want to stay in HM because that place's a living hell, He wouldn't want to stay in the Quincy Palace because the Quencies are him enemy (not to mention the fact that they're responsible for his mom's death), and from what I'm seeing, he wouldn't want to stay in the Human world because his now massive power would harm those who are around them, in this case where else would he go besides Soul Society? The Shibas are his cousins, The entirety of SS are his friends, etc.

I don't think Kubo would do something so drastic as a means of "artificial tension", Everybody and their mother expected Ichigo to eventually stay in SS, and I honestly think that that would be the most logical thing for him to do.

I don't know how exactly the Nakama bonds are supposed to strengthen here (Besides potentially Ichigo and Ishida), because Ichigo's the only one who stand a chance against Juhabach, I don't think the guys are capable of doing much. Besides, This is most likely not gonna be the final battle, Bleach is still a ways away from ending.

Regarding the pairing debacle, There's been too much stuff for Bleach to end without a canon pairing, or without one that's not IchiRuki.

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
What do i think ? finally one place for a new serie in shonen jump, Yeah.

Now if One piece, Fairy tail and Nisekoi could end soon too, it would be cool. (and maybe one or 2 i forgot).

Fairy tail I can understand, it's been miandering pointlessly for a long while now, and it needs to end, and Rave Master is a better manga overall at this point now, and I don't think that's particularily good either. 

However One Piece is fantastic, and continues to be one of if not the best of the weekly jump out (alongside Nanatsu No Taizai, which is greatness), and honestly there's just way way way too much shit left to do between now and the end of the series for it to end soon whilst still beeing good. I mean just take this Saga for example (Pirate alliance) has been 115 chapters long, and is still not finished, we've then got the Kaido Saga which will most likely start at the end of this arc when we get to Wado Island, which will be 100-150 chapters long again, then we have to finish Fisherman's Island (Big Mom) which will be at least a 50 chapter long arc. Then we have the whole issue of the 100 years lost, and the weapons (Possiedon, Uranus and Pluton), The world Government, the revolutionaries, Blackbeard, actually getting to Raftal. All that will take at least 200 chapters IMO, so we're looking at at least 400 more chapters IMO, which is about 10 years for Oda with the breaks he takes.

Nisekoi is a strange one to call to end, considering it's only been going for 3 years, but I would agree that it has been dragging like anything, but that's the risk you run with with Slice of Life manga, which is why i try to avoid them a fair bit.

What we really really need to end is Bleach, and it could be done in 50 chapters, but no doubt it will last another 100 at least, Bleach and Naruto have been so shockingly shit at getting things done for the past 3/4 years (I mean what has actually happened in the Manga's during that time? We've had one long massively shit and drawn out world war in Naruto, of which 2 of the final 3 villains have been running around 150 chapters ago (Madara and Tobi/Obito, who coincidently was revealed 100 chapters ago, so yeah shit all has happend) and in bleach we've have Bach invade SS once and killed Yamamoto, whilst reveal to Ichigo that he's a Quincy, then, granted a rather amazing flashback for 20 or so chapters, then another invasion, and Ichigo going training......)

I hope that the Soul King is actually a super sad existance, and that he dies, and as such Ichigo has to take his place, so that the world doesn't fall apart and to protect his friends. This way we'd get a bittersweet ending, something far far better than the shit Kishi just gave us.

MohammadBadir said:

(1)He wouldn't want to join the Royal Gaurd because he'd be unable to see his friends and family and/or protect them, He wouldn't want to stay in HM because that place's a living hell, He wouldn't want to stay in the Quincy Palace because the Quencies are him enemy (not to mention the fact that they're responsible for his mom's death), and from what I'm seeing, he wouldn't want to stay in the Human world because his now massive power would harm those who are around them, in this case where else would he go besides Soul Society? The Shibas are his cousins, The entirety of SS are his friends, etc.

(2)I don't think Kubo would do something so drastic as a means of "artificial tension", Everybody and their mother expected Ichigo to eventually stay in SS, and I honestly think that that would be the most logical thing for him to do.

(3)I don't know how exactly the Nakama bonds are supposed to strengthen here (Besides potentially Ichigo and Ishida), because Ichigo's the only one who stand a chance against Juhabach, I don't think the guys are capable of doing much. Besides, This is most likely not gonna be the final battle, Bleach is still a ways away from ending.

(4)Regarding the pairing debacle, There's been too much stuff for Bleach to end without a canon pairing, or without one that's not IchiRuki.

(1) I wouldn't really agree with that. Throughout his time in SS, he became close with Rukia and Renji, and somewhat close with Byakuya, Hitsu, and Division 11, but that's only one small chunk of it. He only really found out about the Shibas recently, and they've been absent from the story for years, so I'd hardly say they're a pulling point. Other than Rukia, his human nakama are still far for more important to him. This is the group he starts every arc fighting alongside, and judging by the current manga, it's the group that Kubo plans to keep bringing Ichigo back to.

(2) He temporarily killed off Hitsu, Rangiku, Kensei, and Rose off-panel, turned Zangetsu into a Quincy spirit, and created a whole new race just to give Ichigo his powers back. Don't get me wrong, I love the manga and all...but I think you might be underestimating Kubo's ability to create asspulls. XD

(3) I wouldn't say it's about strengthening their bonds, but about emphasizing them. Ishida in particular tends to get more focus than almost every recurring character, bar Ichigo and Rukia. Chad and Orihime suffer from being the Krillins of the series, but Kubo keeps bringing them back, so like I said, it doesn't strike me that he plans to move away from this group.

And personally, I'd be happy if Bleach kept going for a while longer, I've just become a bit jaded based on how the manga has been flowing lately. 

(4) I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, as I still don't see the romance as being something indispensibile to the main story. Though I personally think, if Ichigo/Rukia is intended as the end pair, it'd far more plausible for Rukia to live in the human world, than for Ichigo to leave behind the people he originally gained powers for.

Heh...I think we derailed another Nardo thread xD;

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

burninmylight said:
outlawauron said:
Slade6alpha said:

Was the most cliche thing I ever saw. 

The whole thing was incredibly rushed and you know who just gets completely pardoned. No real sacrifice and way too many forced pairings. 

Overall Naruto/Shippuden I'd give it an 8, but that ending was so bad. The final fight was laughable as well. 

It's as if people settle down later in life. Who would have thought that?

Kishi could have at least dropped some hints or had some of the people in these hookups have lines of dialogue with each other somewhere in the 699 chapters beforehand. Did you ever see Sai talking to Ino in any memorable way? It's like all the ninjas discovered match.com with all of their free time.

Oh, I lose interest in Naruto after 50 or so chapters. Haven't read or watched anything past that. I really don't care about this series in any way. Just commenting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Rafie said:
The Chouji and Karui pairing was way out of left field. I think Kishi focused on the pairings for the final chapter because he wanted to show the new generation taking the torch. I was okay with the last chapter. Yes there was some things that wasn't cleared up. Especially the Orochimaru deal. Maybe the spinoff will set things straight.

Especially considering she was in what?  A total of 4 chapters?  

Around the Network

Ok here's what happens in Bleach. The bad guy destroys the soul king and threatens to destroy everything. Ichigo sacrifices himself to become the new soul king. Ichigo ends up with nobody and dies a virgin.

As for Naruto I hope for movies to clarify things as much as I wanted movies to continue what happened to the world after Avatar and before Korra.

daredevil.shark said:

It was perfect. The way naruto ended was satisfactory. What do you guys think?

I hope no spoiler in this thread XD,

at OP Well Naruto is part of my history on Manga and Anime world, but the latest chapter and the last ark in my opinion a little bit out of the main stories, it just not the Naruto we know anymore. It's should have end a long time ago, and part of the stories just useless bunch of back and forth and not that that interesting,  some repeated jutsu, and character that useless and some are really awkward moment.

Well in the end it was once one of the big Holly Trinity in Shounen Jump (beside One Piece, Bleach) that replace Dragon Ball, my question know is who will replace Naruto beside One Piece and Bleach. I know a lot of candidate like fairy tail, and Toriko but those is not that popular around the world. 

darkknightkryta said:
Rafie said:
The Chouji and Karui pairing was way out of left field. I think Kishi focused on the pairings for the final chapter because he wanted to show the new generation taking the torch. I was okay with the last chapter. Yes there was some things that wasn't cleared up. Especially the Orochimaru deal. Maybe the spinoff will set things straight.

Especially considering she was in what?  A total of 4 chapters?  

Right! I thought he would have ended up with Ino instead. I guess they both are the leaders of their own respective clan now. I have to say out of everyone's new look....I like Kiba's the best. He looks like a straight boss! LOL I also think whatever Sasuke sensed right before he walked into his house may be brought up. I hope it is. No big cliff hangers like that. It very well may be Kabuto and Orochimaru. It wouldn't surprise me.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Did he ever find the one piece though

Talal said:
Xxain said:
Lets try again:

Sum the main events up.

Everyone survived. Sasuke was forgiven. Naruto and Sasuke got prosthetic arms from the first hokage's cells. Naruto married Hinata and had 2 kids a boy that looks just like him and a girl that looks just like Hinata. Sasuke married Sakura (barf) and they had a daughter. Kakashi became the 6th hokage then Naruto became the 7th after Kakashi stepped down. That's the jist of it.

Edit: There was also a panel of Sasuke wandering in the forest alone. It seemed like it was hinting that he's gonna be evil again or something. Probably will be explained in the movie.

urrggg... I am glad I dropped naruto right at the beginning of Shippuden. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064