By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

Kerotan said:
The hourly updated again and the PS4 on it's own is now up to #64 LMAO. A fool is easily parted with his money as they say!

LBP3 bundle at #43
Destiny bundle up to #15!

GTA 5 PS4 at #5 makes zero sense to me. It can't possibly be selling enough at the price to be considered top 5. Must be whatever way Amazon update it.

And Xbox at #2.

Shadow of mordor PS4 is #1 and has done monster black friday sales by the looks of it.

I think the PS4 standalone is at 64th because of people buying it off of 3rd party sellers at a discounted price. Some people might prefer to save $40/$50 rather than spending $400 on a bundles with games they don't want.

As for the GTAV bundle, I think it's a mixture of a couple of things. Firstly Amazon's data is delayed by a few hours do the rank will have some lag. I also think its the sales for the last 24 hours which is updated hourly.

Edit: Notice how the X1 has a green arrow showing that it's moved up places when it just dropped a place. This is a sign that it's data over the last 24h. Even though it's dropped a place in the last few hours, it's up a place when compared to 24h ago.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
binary solo said:

Weekly is never updated, it's just reported when the data is all in. Also for Amazon the week Starts on Tuesday and end on Monday by the look of things. All of the November weekly charts so far are for the week ending monday (3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th). So for Amazon the week still has a day to run. With Destiny climbing the charts Sunday and presumably staying pretty high monday it might wind up fairly high in the weekly list.

We are now into the week starting on the 24th. It will update as the week goes on an a new week starts. The new week starts tomorrow and the process continues.

Ah, I see my mistake. I thought the date was the week ending, not the week beginning. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

SWORDF1SH said:
Kerotan said:
The hourly updated again and the PS4 on it's own is now up to #64 LMAO. A fool is easily parted with his money as they say!

LBP3 bundle at #43
Destiny bundle up to #15!

GTA 5 PS4 at #5 makes zero sense to me. It can't possibly be selling enough at the price to be considered top 5. Must be whatever way Amazon update it.

And Xbox at #2.

Shadow of mordor PS4 is #1 and has done monster black friday sales by the looks of it.

I think the PS4 standalone is at 64th because of people buying it off of 3rd party sellers at a discounted price. Some people might prefer to save $40/$50 rather than spending $400 on a bundles with games they don't want.

As for the GTAV bundle, I think it's a mixture of a couple of things. Firstly Amazon's data is delayed by a few hours do the rank will have some lag. I also think its the sales for the last 24 hours which is updated hourly.

Edit: Notice how the X1 has a green arrow showing that it's moved up places when it just dropped a place. This is a sign that it's data over the last 24h. Even though it's dropped a place in the last few hours, it's up a place when compared to 24h ago.

Also for the hourlies at least 3rd party sales are counted apparently, which is why the $99 PS4 scam saw PS4 climbing massively when there weren't any actual sales. GTAV bundle is showing as in stock for the moment so there's no supply impediment to 3rd party sales, only a price impediment.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Destiny PS4 Bundle Price Raised!

Well now that's going to drop too... Sony is being a bit protective with their money... GTA V bundle is going to tumble out by tomorrow once it reflects the selling out and Destiny Bundl should slowly float down... Maybe they want more LBP3?

PS4 Standalone is likely decently static with its sales. The only reason its rising back up, is because it fell down due to BF sales for various things.

Around the Network
EoRdE6 said:

Well now that's going to drop too... Sony is being a bit protective with their money... GTA V bundle is going to tumble out by tomorrow once it reflects the selling out and Destiny Bundl should slowly float down... Maybe they want more LBP3?

I could be wrong on the timing, but that might be due to the lego/lbp3 bundle going out of stock on amazon as well.

EoRdE6 said:

Yeah I think Sony needs to have a readily available bundle at $399 for the whole holidays. Perhaps LBP and GTA bundles will be replenished but it won't go too well for Sony if they only have a plentiful supply of unbundled PS4s and Destiny at $439. They can always do unofficial bundles with 1st party games, but those are all back catalogue games so don't quite have the same draw.

Jimi Hendrix

Looks like X1 ACU bundle entered the yearly chart and it's at #43 already!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

That means it outsold all the other X1. Meaning November X1 ACU> any single SKU Jan-November

vivster said:

Since the PS4 is at 4 (vanilla) and 27 (Destiny bundle) ACU at 43 (the next console on the yearly chart), does that mean that BF did very little to close the gap and PS4 still has a huge lead? X1 also has 71 and 76 (rounding out the top 100), but how do these correlate to actual sales figures?  

If we equate total X1 ACU bundle sales to the Amazon item at 42 on the yearly charts, it sold ~290,000 units in November (assuming Amazon is a repsentative sample size). That's some heavy lifting by one new SKU.