By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

vivster said:
Insidb said:
Insidb said:
revben21 said:
Insidb said:
vivster said:
Looks like X1 ACU bundle entered the yearly chart and it's at #43 already!

Since the PS4 is at 4 (vanilla) and 27 (Destiny bundle) ACU at 43 (the next console on the yearly chart), does that mean that BF did very little to close the gap and PS4 still has a huge lead? X1 also has 71 and 76 (rounding out the top 100), but how do these correlate to actual sales figures?  

If we equate total X1 ACU bundle sales to the Amazon item at 42 on the yearly charts, it sold ~290,000 units in November (assuming Amazon is a repsentative sample size). That's some heavy lifting by one new SKU.

IF You put it against infamous, destiny 360 and madden 360, all below it and using amazon as a snapshot, it would have sold ~750k all year. 

I'm thinking this is probably more right, as the AC numbers don't make sense (in comparison). How can 290 > 700? 

Just Dance 2015 for Wii is at 45 with yearly sales of ~60K, so I have no idea what any of this means any more lol.

Makes kinda sense. If X1 sold around 60k on Amazon and Amazon is about 6% of sales we're at 1m units for US.

Oh, no, what this would mean is 60K of ALL sales for the year, not just Amazon. Trying to get VGC yearly numbers to line up with Amazon yearly positions is raising more questions than providing answers.

Around the Network
EoRdE6 said:
Insidb said:
vivster said:
Looks like X1 ACU bundle entered the yearly chart and it's at #43 already!

Since the PS4 is at 4 (vanilla) and 27 (Destiny bundle) ACU at 43 (the next console on the yearly chart), does that mean that BF did very little to close the gap and PS4 still has a huge lead? X1 also has 71 and 76 (rounding out the top 100), but how do these correlate to actual sales figures?  

If we equate total X1 ACU bundle sales to the Amazon item at 42 on the yearly charts, it sold ~290,000 units in November (assuming Amazon is a repsentative sample size). That's some heavy lifting by one new SKU.

Well let's not forget the sales of the AC:U w/Kinect, CoD:AW, and Sunset OD which also all sold out in November... But the TItanfall bundle was really popular for a few months yet this has blown past it in a day! And now Amazon has it on Cyber Monday sale for $329.99 again so more sales...

Since the other X1 SKUs are separated by about 30 positions and were on sale before November (X1+Kinect at 71) or are not even on the top 100, it can probably be assumed that their sales were orders of magnitude lower than the ACU SKU. In essence, we can most likely say that the ACU bundle accounted for almost all November X1 sales and then decide how representative of a sample the Amazon charts are for all retailers.

Insidb said:
vivster said:

Makes kinda sense. If X1 sold around 60k on Amazon and Amazon is about 6% of sales we're at 1m units for US.

Oh, no, what this would mean is 60K of ALL sales for the year, not just Amazon. Trying to get VGC yearly numbers to line up with Amazon yearly positions is raising more questions than providing answers.

It's only the ACU bundle I'm talking about which was only available since November.There are also 2 more SKUs in the top 100 so X1 definitely sold more this year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Insidb said:
vivster said:

It's only the ACU bundle I'm talking about which was only available since November.There are also 2 more SKUs in the top 100 so X1 definitely sold more this year.

I understand, but I'm using Amazon's yearly list as a representative sample size for all retailers and then comparing their relative positions to VGC's year sales amounts. Unfortunately, around the ACU SKU's 43 position, you have VGC estimates of 90, 300, and 750K. The most interesting point (making this a decidedly easier guesstimate) is that the ACU bundle went on sale in November (yearly = monthly).

X1 ACU bundle is back to its BF price and naturally back to number one. Destiny bundle is dropping because it reverted back to its old price.

#1 X1 ACU (up)
#37 PS4 Destiny (down)
#49 PS4 Vanilla (up)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Final Amazon weekly data for BF week seems to be in:

Xb 1 ACU Bundle #2
PS4 GTAV/TLOUR #4
PS4 Leggo/LBP3 #46
PS4 "naked" #54
Xb 1 ACU+Kinect #72
PS4 Destiny Bundle #92

With that mix of positions I am confident in concluding that PS4 sold best on Amazon on BF itself, and on BF week. Of course we know PS4 won BF day on Amazon because the GTA bundle was ahead of ACU bundle for most of BF.

But unlike more or less every other week of the year where pricing is pretty much the same across all retailers, the fact that other retailers with bigger market share had deals more favourable to Xb one, it's unlikely that Amazon is an accurate predictor of Nation-wide sales. Too bad GTA/TLOU bundle ran out before the week was over because it's possible that if this bundle had been in plentiful stock through to Monday GTA/TLOU bundle could have placed ahead of ACU on Amazon.

From the monthly perspective there's no PS4 sku that's sufficiently close to the ACU bundle to be able to predict anything other than a Xb one win for the month, which currently aligns with what it looks like VGC will be showing and is highly likely to align with NPD when it comes out. So this will maintain Amazon's 100% record of predicting the NPD hardware winner. Not sure whether the monthly chart has updated yet, It's still showing GTA/TLOU bundle at 17 and vanilla PS4 at 20. This could be the final monthly number. Amazon hasn't started a December chart yet, so there could be one more November update. But I don;t expect it to change things much, since the last couple of days of November GTAV/TLOU ran out of stock.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Is it just me or is the GTAV+TLOU bundle back in stock?

Teeqoz said:
Is it just me or is the GTAV+TLOU bundle back in stock?

It's just you, but it was supposed to be.

binary solo said:
Final Amazon weekly data for BF week seems to be in:

Xb 1 ACU Bundle #2
PS4 GTAV/TLOUR #4
PS4 Leggo/LBP3 #46
PS4 "naked" #54
Xb 1 ACU+Kinect #72
PS4 Destiny Bundle #92

With that mix of positions I am confident in concluding that PS4 sold best on Amazon on BF itself, and on BF week. Of course we know PS4 won BF day on Amazon because the GTA bundle was ahead of ACU bundle for most of BF.

But unlike more or less every other week of the year where pricing is pretty much the same across all retailers, the fact that other retailers with bigger market share had deals more favourable to Xb one, it's unlikely that Amazon is an accurate predictor of Nation-wide sales. Too bad GTA/TLOU bundle ran out before the week was over because it's possible that if this bundle had been in plentiful stock through to Monday GTA/TLOU bundle could have placed ahead of ACU on Amazon.

From the monthly perspective there's no PS4 sku that's sufficiently close to the ACU bundle to be able to predict anything other than a Xb one win for the month, which currently aligns with what it looks like VGC will be showing and is highly likely to align with NPD when it comes out. So this will maintain Amazon's 100% record of predicting the NPD hardware winner. Not sure whether the monthly chart has updated yet, It's still showing GTA/TLOU bundle at 17 and vanilla PS4 at 20. This could be the final monthly number. Amazon hasn't started a December chart yet, so there could be one more November update. But I don;t expect it to change things much, since the last couple of days of November GTAV/TLOU ran out of stock.

There is one priblem with this analyse. Every single xbox one sku besides the one at @2. So we cannot use amazon for any great implication.

And we are back to Amazon mean nothing. The soap opera goes on.