By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata's surgery took a toll...

Tagged games:

I didn't even notice. I hope he's feeling better.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Yeah, surgery does that I guess. He's relatively luck though to be honest. He's required to take yearly medicals I believe as part of his position as president of Nintendo. If he wasn't, who knows may something like that could've gone unnoticed for years and become cancerous. So being president of Nintendo may have literally saved his life. 

So at least there's that. Iwata has always looked younger than his actual age, now he's starting to look more his age. I'm sure he will regain weight as the months go on though. 

Every company in Japan is obligated by law to arrange and pay for one full body medical examination per year for each of their workers. Being President might've sent him to a better clinic/hospital, but thats all the extras he gets.

akuseru said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah, surgery does that I guess. He's relatively luck though to be honest. He's required to take yearly medicals I believe as part of his position as president of Nintendo. If he wasn't, who knows may something like that could've gone unnoticed for years and become cancerous. So being president of Nintendo may have literally saved his life. 

So at least there's that. Iwata has always looked younger than his actual age, now he's starting to look more his age. I'm sure he will regain weight as the months go on though. 

Every company in Japan is obligated by law to arrange and pay for one full body medical examination per year for each of their workers. Being President might've sent him to a better clinic/hospital, but thats all the extras he gets.

Whoa. Good on Japan. 

Yeah, I noticed he'd lost weight. Looks like his hair has thinned, too. I hope he recovers well.

That is fairly standard for the sort of surgery he likely had (assuming a Whipple's procedure). It is a huge operation and involves removing the gall bladder, bile duct, pancreatic head, duodenum and part of the stomach as well.

Normal uncomplicated recovery (and i mean just from surgery to leaving hospital) for an otherwise healthy person is often 3-4 weeks, so you can imagine the sort of toll that it places on one's body. It would be unusual if he hadn't lost weight.

Around the Network

yes it looked like he had difficulties to concentrate too

Switch!!!

The difference was very noticeable, I can't believe how some of you didn't see it

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

The difference was very noticeable, I can't believe how some of you didn't see it

I didn't notice, am I a bad person? =(

Yeah I noticed. But I was happy to see he was doing better again.

Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:

I didn't notice, am I a bad person? =(

Yes, you are

They don't even look the same person!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.