By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many people are excited about amiibo functionality?

Are you excited about amiibos?

Yes 102 44.54%

No 90 39.30%

I'm just here to troll...so... 35 15.28%

Total:227

Here's my proposition for those of you in this thread that don't like what Nintendo is doing around these collectibles: What would you do? What kind of functionality would you implement?

I think the figures are cool...I'm buying into the future of the idea, I suppose. I'm not going to rush out and purchase every figurine, but you can be sure I'll get Samus and Link.

I do think there will be an Amiibo specific title announced at E3...which I'm sure is going to generate a lot of groans from the hardcore community, ala WiiMusic or WiiFit. It'll be one of those titles that either kills it or dies on the message boards, forums, and blogs in the moments after its announcement. Hopefully this isn't their flagship title for the event that they use to put in Zelda U's place.

Around the Network

What functionality?

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
JWeinCom said:
I like the smash functionality. As for the other games, meh. Hopefully games in the future were designed with a better idea of how to use Amiibo.

Thats kind of the entire problem with amiibos from what I can see.  They are designed to be general.  They arent designed for any specific functions and the end result is superfluous functions.  

If nintendo had been smart, they would have released the amiibos alongside a game that was designed from the ground up to incorporate amiibos.  Give people a reason to actually buy them and all this tiny perks in other games would be added bonuses.  I just think Nintendo screwed this idea up.  It had potential to be a great feature for them, but Im thinking it is going to fall flat...

Nice concern trolling, buddy.

Eh, I've seen better  whats your opinion on amiibo rol?

phaedruss said:
What functionality?

Read OP and find out!

Einsam_Delphin said:
phaedruss said:
What functionality?

Read OP and find out!

I was being sarcastic. But seriously there is nothing compelling about them at this point in time.

Around the Network

I'm as excited for Amiibo as I am for the next entry in the Guitar Hero series.

...That series is dead, you say? Oh...

Nope, the functionality seem stupid. I'm more interested in collecting

I am excited. Looks like a ton of percs/dlc for $12 bucks.

I won't buy all of them, but some for sure. Link for sure, Mario (if every game with Mario in it gives a perc, $12 is almost free =P), someone for smash and maybe one just because i like the character.

I'm really not interested in them at all.

I may get one or two. I like that they're trying to incorporate them into multiple games, I do want to see more though. In fact I'd like to see a title that's centered around the amiibos