By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Oct 25th Hardware UP

Bad Bayonetta and Wii U numbers as expected.
PS4 and X1 both doing great.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Were surprised by the numbers ps4, are very high :O

I was genuinely expecting Bayonetta to do ~50k first week in the USA

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Honestly, the Bayo 2 numbers are much better than expected. It outsold Pikmin 3 and DKC: TF FW US and is just barely under Hyrule Warrior's FW US, which is good news. Also, for comparison: according to VGC data, Bayo 2 outsold each individual version of Bayo 1 in the US FW, though is under both versions of Bayo 1 combined. Bayo 2 at 121,752, Bayo 360 at 91,688, and Bayo PS3 at 53,049. Europe may be marginally weaker for Bayo 2 unless France sales are absurdly high, but I kinda doubt that.

Of course, that doesn't matter at all if Bayo 2 doesn't pull through with legs. It might have some in the US given the extremely positive word of mouth over here, but definitely not in Europe/Japan. Sticking with my 750k LT prediction for now.

NNID: TheCCluc

i dont trust u

Around the Network

i thought bayonetta would help wii u more...

chocoloco said:
spurgeonryan said:

You will also learn in life that everthing starts from something. Our Universe started with God. Bill Gates was not already a billionaire when he first started.

Wii U is selling small, but is getting healthier monthly. Especially compared to before when it post a Nintendo record for longest game drought.

My biased opinions are always hoping Nintendo goes third party only so... I root for it to do worse. Can you blame me considering my motive?

Lol same here... I love nintendo enough to envy their games, but not enough to spend money on their console. I to am secretly wishing they close up shop and go third party. Though I really don't se that hapenning anytime soon (unless hopefully mobile decimates their handheld market). 

Having said that, the wiiU numbers are really disturbing.

With PS4, I am pretty sure that the PS4 is probably around 13M by now. And this is assuming sony has shipped around 14M PS4s worldwide. I also thik the XB1 is should be very very close to 7M too. The VGC undertracking is becoming more ridiculous than it already was.

PS$ and XBO were adjusted down?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

So they refuse to add sales to a region because they can't determine where they're being sold, but deducting them is perfectly fine?

Surprised by Bayonetta 2. Expected much worse for it.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert