By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Oct 25th Hardware UP

Aerys said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Once again the PS4 outsold the XB1 by more than 100k (163k) and once again the gap didn't get any bigger. What is going on?

It reminds me PS3vs 360, PS3 outsells 360 every week since a long time, still, the gap doesnt get bigger

It must have been adjusted down to 12.1 for last week but why? Now the PS4 is over 500k undertracked.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
jlmurph2 said:
melbye said:
Nobody can say that Bayonetta-number is bad

You can say what it did for the Wii U sales is bad

Wii U sales percentage rose on par with the PS4 according to that chart above, nearly double what the X1 did that week. I would say it did nicely for the struggling Wii U.

Think about it though. PS4 and X1 didn't have any games release this week, not even 3rd party. They were boosted simply from it being closer to the holidays. Wii U had a hyped (by nintendo fans) exclusive release and it still didn't boost more than PS4.

spurgeonryan said:
jlmurph2 said:
melbye said:
Nobody can say that Bayonetta-number is bad

You can say what it did for the Wii U sales is bad

Wii U sales percentage rose on par with the PS4 according to that chart above, nearly double what the X1 did that week. I would say it did nicely for the struggling Wii U.

The smaller a number the less significant moving up the same percentage is. You will learn that in chemistry and physics.

GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Once again the PS4 outsold the XB1 by more than 100k (163k) and once again the gap didn't get any bigger. What is going on?

It reminds me PS3vs 360, PS3 outsells 360 every week since a long time, still, the gap doesnt get bigger

It must have been adjusted down to 12.1 for last week but why? Now the PS4 is over 500k undertracked.

It makes no sense at all. 

How are things being adjust down. So between PS4 and XB1 there are over 3 million of them sitting in storage.

Around the Network
loy310 said:
How are things being adjust down. So between PS4 and XB1 there are over 3 million of them sitting in storage.

3.7m to be precise, and that was end of September ...

Scientificreason said:
Ps4 is a beast, look at those Europe numbers.

Europe man. PS4's a worldwide beast....

Bayo 2 number looks to be in line with the final Pre-order figure. That 1 million target is looking a long way off unfortunately. IMO the only way there will be a Bayo 3 is if Bayo 2 gets a PS4bone release at some point, and I don;t see that happening. Bayo 2 pushes Wii U above 50K. But only 51K. Either lots of people are holding out for SSB, or Wii u is gasping. At least it beat PS3.

PS4 :-0 300K is huge.

With Xb one at 138K, and expecting a dip the following week (considering buyers would be holding off for announced price cuts for the week beginning 2 Nov), I wonder if we will see a post Destiny sub 100K week for Xb one after all. I expect it'll only drop 20 K or so, so should stay above.

I don't know what the hell Nintendo is thinking by saying the West doesn't need N3DS. Well I guess it doesn't, but N3DS sure needs the West.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Easy check.

Real world shipment: 13.5m
VGC guesstimates: 11,383,064

Over 2 million on shelves for PS4... yeah VGC... you are right lol

It is ridiculous and only will get worst because now Sony shows data for PS4.

binary solo said:
Bayo 2 number looks to be in line with the final Pre-order figure. That 1 million target is looking a long way off unfortunately. IMO the only way there will be a Bayo 3 is if Bayo 2 gets a PS4bone release at some point, and I don;t see that happening. Bayo 2 pushes Wii U above 50K. But only 51K. Either lots of people are holding out for SSB, or Wii u is gasping. At least it beat PS3.

PS4 :-0 300K is huge.

With Xb one at 138K, and expecting a dip the following week (considering buyers would be holding off for announced price cuts for the week beginning 2 Nov), I wonder if we will see a post Destiny sub 100K week for Xb one after all. I expect it'll only drop 20 K or so, so should stay above.

I don't know what the hell Nintendo is thinking by saying the West doesn't need N3DS. Well I guess it doesn't, but N3DS sure needs the West.

Sunset Overdrive! The vanilla XB1 sku actually rose on amazon that week, (don't ask me why).