By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Amiibo features revealed, update coming next week

TomaTito said:
ToxicJosh said:
Considering this is an afterthought, it sounds like a bit of fun. It'll be interesting to see how the costumes look (tonight?), I do think that they should maybe have utilised some sort of stat system as well. So you scan in your Kirby costume, and it also scans in your personal Mario Kart stats, so you can play round a friends house and keep your 'save' data going, maybe how many coins you've collected or something.

Who knows, perhaps they still will.

Those aren't bad ideas. Having a save file stored in there (similar to the Wiimote)... although they should start backing them up via the cloud. Maybe also a double coins power-up (not ingame) just to help people reach the total coin stat faster.

Thank you.

I think the key thing to remember with how Amiibos are going to be used in stuff like MK is that it's not supposed to be a reason to buy every single Amiibo on their own, but rather a nice aside for people with the models already.

Around the Network

nice i've pre-ordered Link - works with Smash, Hyrule and Mario Kart 8. great deal for me.

RealGamingExpert said:
ktay95 said:
YAY -_-
All I keep hering is dont waste your money on amiibos.
Seriously Nintendo will their ever be a point to owning them or will they all be for shitty features that make Capcoms DLC look good.

You realise that Amiibos are only gimmicks, right?

They aren't supposed to give you any ingame advantages.

If you expected new tracks or drivers through Amiibos, then that wasn't a really realistic expectation to begin with.

I believe the shitty features part means he does realize that.

He never said any of that.

LOL they all wear a paintjob helmet xD

In the end the best amiibo suit seems to be Yoshi, at least his helmet has some yoshi form.

EDIT: Just seen the trailer again, and Captain Falcon doesn't seem that bad either.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"