By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Amiibo features revealed, update coming next week

So whoever wanted Samus in Mario Kart is halfway there!

Around the Network

As expected, their usage here is also meh. I don't at all see why amiibo is needed to access in game costumes.

I hope they make these cheaper. Also can't wait for the DLC!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

YAY -_-
All I keep hering is dont waste your money on amiibos.
Seriously Nintendo will their ever be a point to owning them or will they all be for shitty features that make Capcoms DLC look good.

That is cool, but Nintendo really should go the extra mile and make all the Amiibos work.
How hard would it be?
1 or 2 weeks of work from 10-20 programmers, if that..

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Yes!!!!!!!

More reasons to buy amiibos

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ktay95 said:
YAY -_-
All I keep hering is dont waste your money on amiibos.
Seriously Nintendo will their ever be a point to owning them or will they all be for shitty features that make Capcoms DLC look good.

You realise that Amiibos are only gimmicks, right?

They aren't supposed to give you any ingame advantages.

If you expected new tracks or drivers through Amiibos, then that wasn't a really realistic expectation to begin with.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I hope that the Mii characters don't wear helmets with the new costumes (besides Samus and Captain Falcon).

But it's probably hard to animate all the different hairstyles correctly and non-animated hair would look terrible.

Considering this is an afterthought, it sounds like a bit of fun. It'll be interesting to see how the costumes look (tonight?), I do think that they should maybe have utilised some sort of stat system as well. So you scan in your Kirby costume, and it also scans in your personal Mario Kart stats, so you can play round a friends house and keep your 'save' data going, maybe how many coins you've collected or something.

Who knows, perhaps they still will.

ToxicJosh said:
Considering this is an afterthought, it sounds like a bit of fun. It'll be interesting to see how the costumes look (tonight?), I do think that they should maybe have utilised some sort of stat system as well. So you scan in your Kirby costume, and it also scans in your personal Mario Kart stats, so you can play round a friends house and keep your 'save' data going, maybe how many coins you've collected or something.

Who knows, perhaps they still will.

Those aren't bad ideas. Having a save file stored in there (similar to the Wiimote)... although they should start backing them up via the cloud. Maybe also a double coins power-up (not ingame) just to help people reach the total coin stat faster.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"