By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What ps3/360 game would push the wii to it's limits?

I actually found a post where you said

"Wii can do 1080p there is no need to buy an HD console"

I think that is along the lines.

and you said "The Wii is 3 times more powerful than the xbox"

How much more powerful do you think the 360 and ps3 are? 4 or 5? Isnt that along the lines?

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
I actually found a post where you said

"Wii can do 1080p there is no need to buy an HD console"

I think that is along the lines.

Nice try but if you read on it says hd only.

It has to directly say the wii is near as powerful.

Hmmm....maybe Crysis running on high pc specs.

Nah, really...nothing. Maybe Disgaea 3 because graphics don't matter in the least bit to it. Or Culdacept Saga on 360.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Now the xbox 360 and the ps3 are about 6-8 times powerful than the wii in specs, but they have to sacrifice a large part to produce hd which isn't too important for a good looking game as many members and I on vgchartz know. So this means about 30-50% of the power put in the game is to produce high resolutions.

Now this may make them only 4-5 times better than the wii due to the large part of them going to hd. Also you have to take in consideration these consoles are filled with huge bottlenecks and aren't as efficient as the wii.

So that makes me think with all of these factors the games are only going to look 3-5 times better mattering how good the developer used less power to produce the high resolutions. Now that isn't too much of a difference as people may think. This allows many wii games to look better than alot of ps3 and 360 games

Stop trying to get around your ban. I consider that "around the lines of saying its close to as powerful"

PooperScooper said:

Now the xbox 360 and the ps3 are about 6-8 times powerful than the wii in specs, but they have to sacrifice a large part to produce hd which isn't too important for a good looking game as many members and I on vgchartz know. So this means about 30-50% of the power put in the game is to produce high resolutions.

Now this may make them only 4-5 times better than the wii due to the large part of them going to hd. Also you have to take in consideration these consoles are filled with huge bottlenecks and aren't as efficient as the wii.

So that makes me think with all of these factors the games are only going to look 3-5 times better mattering how good the developer used less power to produce the high resolutions. Now that isn't too much of a difference as people may think. This allows many wii games to look better than alot of ps3 and 360 games

That just points out the difference isn't as large [get ready for this] people think. It doesn't say they are close in power.

Around the Network

You said something along the lines as the Wii is almost as powerful, that is, now get out.

"I think the wii could run CoD 4 at 45 fps and still look almost as good as the ps3 and 360 versions"

PooperScooper you are my savior, I shall worship you for all eternity!

gamingdevil said:
@username
And my dad's best friend has a daughter whose boyfriend works for Factor 4.5 and he told me they're porting Lair to the Wii and it plays at 60fps with prettier graphics.
See? Just as credible as your post.

AAA confirmed people. It'll bigger than 10 brawls combined.

Username - I wasn't going to persue it actually, but then he started trying to get out of his ban.

Fact - The keywords are "along the lines" and "close to the power" those are along the lines of saying it is close in power.