By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Xbox One Pass PS4 Globally in the USA this Year?

The title to this makes no sense at all

That's my input for what this thread is worth

Around the Network

Came in expecting "homie" in the OP, left disappointed.

Scientificreason said:
When had a console dominated us first year and not finished first there? 

The Wii? 

But you're right about this. Xbone isn't going to pass PS4.

Namiirei said:
Oh god, i can't wait for november Npd.

And i really hope Sony will win, like this we won't have any more topic about charts from Ms players for the next 3/4 years.

ahahah :)   don't bet on it.   It's enough XBox sell better than PS4 for half an hour during full moon between Street 12 and Street 13 in NA, and you will see dozens of XBox fans coming out from the underground posting every 2 minutes :" XBox is surpassing PS4"  "XBox is winning". But this is always good for a laugh.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

prayformojo said:
Scientificreason said:

The Wii? 

The Wii is an odd case and was selling to a different market. 

Around the Network
binary solo said:
toastboy44562 said:

Based on Amazon rankings (very accurate) Xbox One will outsell PS4 2:1 or 3:1 this holiday.

That ratio is plenty enough to beat PS4 this year in the good o' USA.

The real question is can Xbox One outsell PS4 in the UK and be competitive in other Euro countries!

That is a very characteristic oversimplification and overestimation of the meaning of the hourly Amazon best seller list.

Amazon is an accurate predictor of which console will be number 1 for npd but it does not accurately predict sales ratio in NPD. If you look at Amazon Oct monthly sales then PS4 is 2:1 over xb one for October. But does anyone seriously believe NPD will show PS4 2:1 over xb one for October? I don't think so.

Also sales ratio on the week a $50 price cut comes into effect will never be sustained.

So no xb one Ltd will not move ahead of PS4 in the USA by the end of the year.

It was also like that for September. The PS4 and Destiny bundle were ahead of the X1, so you'd think the PS4 sold over twice as much. However, NPD showed that it "only" outsold the X1 by 1.85 to 1.

Its a desperate move by MS but the right one. I think people get drawn in to the hype of the ps4 too much and talk about the power being the reason for it selling so well or the disastrous E3 and subsequent reversal and forget that the main selling point of the console has been its price advantage over the xbone. It's the reason Titanfall never had a chance in march, if it got a release on a $399 xbone sales would have been far superior.
Hopefully this is the catalyst for MS to reclaim the US because if not the chances of a well placed second this gen are over.

prayformojo said:
Scientificreason said:

The Wii? 

Wii won in the Global with over 100M units sold.  But you know Wii was a different case.  PS4 dominated and will dominate in the Global from beginning to end.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Theres is not a chance in the world. XOne will win the holidays thats it.

toastboy44562 said:

Based on Amazon rankings (very accurate) Xbox One will outsell PS4 2:1 or 3:1 this holiday.

That ratio is plenty enough to beat PS4 this year in the good o' USA.

The real question is can Xbox One outsell PS4 in the UK and be competitive in other Euro countries!

I am sorry homies, even the most naive people on earth wont be able to dream on it. This year impossible, but this month is very possible, and next year according to data and calculation is even more impossible  to close the gap.