By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - reluctant to purchase PS Plus because of too many issues

Burek said:
RenCutypoison said:
Burek said:
Do you pay XBL Gold for online multiplayer?
If yes, there is no reason for you to pay another subscription. Use XOne to play multiplayer games, and on PS4 just play single player and/or exclusives, and you're set...

But Psplus offers a better value, even with the few bugs/maintenance.

I don't think it does...

I guess it's subjective, but on both consoles you get 2 free games per month, it just depends which games you like more...

No, PS+ does offer the better value. And so far has been the better network. XBL lost that title when coming into this new gen.

Besides the IGC (which is something XBL copied from them) with PS+ you do have better share functions (at least you can take screen shots) and SharePlay (which i personally think is the most innovative network feature of the current gen thus far).

To OP. Maybe I don't game as much as some/most, but I never really notice these network issues. I have been able to go online whenver I wanted to. Can't help but feel these issues are slightly exagerated. Having said that, I see no point in paying for two online services. If you are ok with buying a majority of your games on the XB1, then stick to XBL. In truth I don't even see the point in having both the PS4 and XB1. If the XB1 is going to be your primary console, you should sell the PS4 and get a WiiU. Having a console for the odd 1/2 exclusives per year that may interest you is a waste of money.

Around the Network

I've faced network connectivity issues quite often on my PS4, but mostly to do with connecting to PSN. So every once in a while il go to the PS Store and nothing will happen, it will just load forever. Similarly il load up a game and simply wont be able to connect to the servers, meaning i cant partake in mp or leaderboards etc.

However, this happens every once in a while. And while it is quite often that its noticeable, its more an annoyance than a deal breaker. For example if i am having connectivity issues the problem usually goes away the same day if not minutes later.

The issues i experience has got absolutely nothing to do with my internet connection as I always check to see if my connection is fine. I would also imagine that connectivity issues will vary from region to region.

I have similar issues with Steam though. Every once in a while i wont be able to update or log on etc. Again these issues are more an annoyance than a deal breaker.

I would say the frequency of issues i experience on PSN is slightly more than what i experience with any other always online service.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

That being said over the last month or two things have been particularly unstable, but that seems to be fixed now and we back to normal.

Addressing the OP: I most definitely wouldnt let intermittent network issues stop me from getting PS+. The value of PS+ is truly amazing especially on PS4 imo, where they will give you games that you will most likely never buy yourself. And to add to that the games are usually very good. Most people have an issue with tthe games being "indie" but in my book a good game is a good game. period.

And plus the AAA games is bound to come within the next few months. I'm pretty sure Sony will treat us to some AAA PS4 games this december :P And if you have a PS3 and VITA then its a no brainer really.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Well the free games are great value but if you don't play online, there really isn't any point in getting it. The PS4 free games are not that good right now.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JazzB1987 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Well I pay for PS+ for free games.

Unfortunately, they have gone the cheap route and push indie games now. If I wanted indie games I'd just wait for a Steam or Humble Bundle sale.

Pay + for free = ???

My boss gives me a paycheck for free. And because I think this is awesome I work at his company for free.

I also buy Prigles for the can. The chips are free.

Yeah, I get it.

I was just too lazy to put quotations. Just assume its implied.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I have never used my PlayStation to play games online since I got PS+ back in December 2013. I have used it every month to try out game son my PS3/PSV/PS4 and because I got it on sale it costs me roughly $2.10 a month.

FWIW, I have never wanted to play a game and been unable to because the network was down. I know others have, though. I don't think it's a common occurrence, it just seems like it because when it happens there is an uproar.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

apart from usual maintenance my psn has been fine, I've used it daily

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The PSN isn't perfect, but it's improving constantly as far as I can tell

Having said that, I really haven't got much value from PS+, but I'd pay a decent amount to keep my cloud saves and the free games and discounts don't hurt

But it's time for a proper PS4 game, not just Resogun. Even Knack would do....

I've got the most out of it on Vita, but that's because I've been somewhat forced to turn to indi games to make up for the lack of proper games

If you have more than just the ps4 (psvita/3) then the IGC becomes amazing value for the 5euros a month or 50 for a year that it costs. Feels like Xmas every month to see what 6 new games you get too if you have a full set of playstation brand systems, and hoping that uncle Kaz doesn't give you something you already bought yourself!

tl:dr buy psn+ for 3 months and see what you think, it's 14.99.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive