By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - reluctant to purchase PS Plus because of too many issues

I have the plus since ever due the "free" games.

So it didn't changed when I bought the PS4 because I already Plus... that means I'm still subscribed to it due the "free games"... that is a hell of value in it.

Around the Network

Nothing worse than having a free moment to play a game, firing up your console, and for whatever reason, not being able to. Be it from hardware failure, a lengthy update, a downed network, or what have you. I feel your pain.

meh get it for the free games and shareplay

cutzman25 said:

I own a x1, and have owned a PS4 for about 2 months now but I am very reluctant to purchasing PS Plus becuase it seems as though their network has been down 3 or 4 times since I owned the system.  Does anyone else feel this way??? I feel like I will be buying something thats broken and seems like there has been no differnece since it was free on the PS3 (same service).  Let me know what you guys think

Nah not at all. The functionality is good and I like the extra games. A lot is blown out of proportion since the DriveClub debacle. My PS4 hasn't been faced with issues since I bought it back in June.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Mr Puggsly said:
Well I pay for PS+ for free games.

Unfortunately, they have gone the cheap route and push indie games now. If I wanted indie games I'd just wait for a Steam or Humble Bundle sale.

Pay + for free = ???

My boss gives me a paycheck for free. And because I think this is awesome I work at his company for free.

I also buy Prigles for the can. The chips are free.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Well I pay for PS+ for free games.

Unfortunately, they have gone the cheap route and push indie games now. If I wanted indie games I'd just wait for a Steam or Humble Bundle sale.

Pay + for free = ???

My boss gives me a paycheck for free. And because I think this is awesome I work at his company for free.

I also buy Prigles for the can. The chips are free.

You're paying for the ability to play online and for PSN discounts + additional features like cloud saves.

The games you download at no cost are not considered the cost of the service you're subscribed too. It'd be like saying the demo discs that came with gaming magazines weren't free. Of course they were. They're thrown in there for the service you're buying.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Burek said:
RenCutypoison said:

But Psplus offers a better value, even with the few bugs/maintenance.

I don't think it does...

I guess it's subjective, but on both consoles you get 2 free games per month, it just depends which games you like more...

True, forgot you only had more value if you have both ps3 ps4 and vita

thanks for the input guys... I am starting to see different angles at this.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

I have my PS+ mostly for the free games. 6 free games every month. I can care less about online features for most games, personally. Just wait til Black Friday when it's only $29.99 for a year, rather than $49.99.

I got ps+ for the games and discounts. Got it when Tokyo jungle came out, no regrets. I've played lots of great games I wouldn't have taken a chance on otherwise or had never heard of. And now my kids are enjoying my ps3+ library. So far the indies on ps4 have been pretty good too.

It depends on how many games you buy, but if you don't mind digital, the ps+ discounts can easily make up the subscription fee, especially with the cash back offers as well.

I've only had problems downloading PvZ GW from psn this year. But my internet generally sucked those few days, so I don't know if I can blame psn for that. Updates have all been really fast. Online play in PvZ has been flawless, it's just DC that's a mess online. I hardly play online multiplayer though.