By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD: AW is 1080p on Xbone

eva01beserk said:
Im surpirised nobody has gone and whyned about the order being 1920x800. saing "its ok when sony does it but now the xbox does it aand its not full hd"(In my head this was all said in a very whyny voice).I probably should not have said that and made remember that to the famboys.
But incase I did, you you really think the xbone can handle the order in the same 1920x800? Do you think it was by choice they targeted this resolution on the x1 for COD:AW, like it was a choice for the order? You still think AC:U was not gimped on parity? Can we finally stop saying the xbone is on par with the ps4? I would really want this to stop and we could all move on from this specs war that we all know who won already and enjoy our gaming.

The Order's res is by choice. The devs stated they wanted the extra-wide cinematic res. Its not the same as AW because the order is still mapped as 1080p but with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. They've also said at one point that they're debating between 1920x800 with 4x MSAA, or 1080p with reduced in AA and the former is actually more demanding.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
SandyVGina said:
eva01beserk said:
Im surpirised nobody has gone and whyned about the order being 1920x800. saing "its ok when sony does it but now the xbox does it aand its not full hd"(In my head this was all said in a very whyny voice).I probably should not have said that and made remember that to the famboys.
But incase I did, you you really think the xbone can handle the order in the same 1920x800? Do you think it was by choice they targeted this resolution on the x1 for COD:AW, like it was a choice for the order? You still think AC:U was not gimped on parity? Can we finally stop saying the xbone is on par with the ps4? I would really want this to stop and we could all move on from this specs war that we all know who won already and enjoy our gaming.

From an image quality stand point there is a difference. The Order is native 1080p(2.4 ratio), the image will NOT need to be upscaled by a scaler, so no artifacts will be introduced. COD:AW is scalable 1080p, the image will need to be upscaled by the xbox one's scaler, which could introduce artifacts into the image.

We don't know yet. Devs have the option to disable the scaler which would be my guess here as the game also achieves full hd resolution, too.

We dont? So you do think is by choice they targeted that resolution? You think they said"well on ps4 native 1080 is best, the x1 can handle it but it just looks better in 1360x1080"? If they disable the scaler youll be left with black bars on the sides of the tv, or they would have to drop the image to 900p cuz the x1 canot handle it. If it could handle it they would have included that from the begining.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Dgc1808 said:
eva01beserk said:

The Order's res is by choice. The devs stated they wanted the extra-wide cinematic res. Its not the same as AW because the order is still mapped as 1080p but with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. They've also said at one point that they're debating between 1920x800 with 4x MSAA, or 1080p with reduced in AA and the former is actually more demanding.

Thats what I said. If it sounded like I said otherwise then my apology. I just said Im amazed some xbox fanboys havent brought this weak argument into the discusion.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

walsufnir said:
SandyVGina said:
eva01beserk said:

From an image quality stand point there is a difference. The Order is native 1080p(2.4 ratio), the image will NOT need to be upscaled by a scaler, so no artifacts will be introduced. COD:AW is scalable 1080p, the image will need to be upscaled by the xbox one's scaler, which could introduce artifacts into the image.

We don't know yet. Devs have the option to disable the scaler which would be my guess here as the game also achieves full hd resolution, too.

No, the scaler will be need to upscale 1360x1080 to 1920x1080. Our TV's can not input these funny resolutions.... so the xbox one will need to convert it to a resolution that our TV's understand....

jorluso32 said:
It's better than the 960x1080p resolution of the 50's FPS Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplay

Where did you find that? lol seriously in a forum the titlie is lying and suddenly we call 1360x1080 resolution a 1080p this is too much with all the respect

http://www.killzone.com/en_GB/blog/news/2014-03-06_regarding-killzone-shadow-fall-and-1080p.html

In both SP and MP, KILLZONE SHADOW FALL outputs a full, unscaled 1080p image at up to 60 FPS. Native is often used to indicate images that are not scaled; it is native by that definition.

In Multiplayer mode, however, we use a technique called “temporal reprojection,” which combines pixels and motion vectors from multiple lower-resolution frames to reconstruct a full 1080p image. If native means that every part of the pipeline is 1080p then this technique is not native.

Games often employ different resolutions in different parts of their rendering pipeline. Most games render particles and ambient occlusion at a lower resolution, while some games even do all lighting at a lower resolution. This is generally still called native 1080p. The technique used in KILLZONE SHADOW FALL goes further and reconstructs half of the pixels from past frames.

Around the Network

Gameplay will be the gauge for me, not a forum poster or DF.

It is near the end of the end....

SandyVGina said:
walsufnir said:
SandyVGina said:
eva01beserk said:

No, the scaler will be need to upscale 1360x1080 to 1920x1080. Our TV's can not input these funny resolutions.... so the xbox one will need to convert it to a resolution that our TV's understand....

They could use their own scaling method made in software, like Crytek did.

Am I the only one that can can see that this 1360x1080p rez is practically the same thing as 1600x900p??

Well, its at least a big improvement from what ghost was running at on the XB1.

Why the strange aspect ratio though? Is it just for marketing so they can just say 1080p or are theer technical reasons like not using the XB1s scalar at all since its a dynamic resolution. Is that even possible? Cause the scaler will still need to upscale the 1360x1080p rez... and it would be doing just as much work as it needed to do for a 900p upscale. So I don't get the point.

Edit:
Oh I think I get it now. When not a lot of action is going on output at native 1080p. The eye candy moments. Once the action picks up, switch to upscaled 1080p. And assume the gamer will be too busy to see the difference. Pretty ingenious if you ask me.

Oh hey I found 44 cents! That means I have a dollar right? :p If a dollar or in this case "true 1080p" is 1920x1080 then it's not really fair to say anything less is 1080p is it? I'm sure it will look great tho :D. Can't wait to get it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Intrinsic said:

Am I the only one that can can see that this 1360x1080p rez is practically the same thing as 1600x900p??

Why the strange aspect ratio though? Is it just for marketing so they can just say 1080p or are theer technical reasons like not using the XB1s scalar at all since its a dynamic resolution. Is that even possible? Cause the scaler will still need to upscale the 1360x1080p rez... and it would be doing just as much work as it needed to do for a 900p upscale. So I don't get the point.

Edit:
Oh I think I get it now. When not a lot of action is going on output at native 1080p. The eye candy moments. Once the action picks up, switch to upscaled 1080p. And assume the gamer will be too busy to see the difference. Pretty ingenious if you ask me.

That's because 1360x1080 is the same as 1600x900 in regards to pixel counts. (Also drop the P in these cases.)

In this case they just reduce and increase the horizontal lines depending on whats happening on screen, if they were to swap between say... 1600x900 and 1920x1080, it would actually probably be more obvious due to vertical and horizontal lines both increasing/decreasing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--