By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD: AW is 1080p on Xbone

ethomaz said:
dane007 said:
apparently the minimum resolution is that but its most of the time above that. the scaling of the resolution according to them is based on the scene.

This is just assumption right now... it can never reach 1920x1080 too... you only know the minimum is 1380x1080.

BTW from the way they worded it seems like it reaches 1920x1080 way less times than 1380x1080 but we need to wait.

GC: OK, well from a real world controversy to a very specifically games-related one: resolution.

MC: [laughs] I can tell you the frame rate is rock solid on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, 60 frames per second. That’s kind of the heart and soul of Call Of Duty. You’ve probably heard that for years, right? PS4 runs at 1080p and Xbox One runs at 1080 scalable. Which will scale from 1360 all the way up to true 1080. So 1360×1080 up to 1920×1080.

GC: Is that dependent on the game mode?

MC: That’s dependent on the performance hit of the scene…

GC: Oh, so it’s changing in real-time?

MC: In real-time, yes. On a frame by frame basis. So Xbox One at times will run at true 1080 and sometimes it’ll run at 1360×1080 and scale in between those two marks. Its minimum threshold is 1360×1080 but the majority of time it runs above that. And 1360×1080 as the low bar is 50 per cent higher resolution than Ghosts at 900.

GC: Oh, that seems very clever. I’ve never heard of that before. And we’ve been playing on Xbox Ones with the multiplayer here [PlayStation 4s were used for the single-player – GC] and I don’t think anybody’s noticed any variation.

MC: Somebody will tell you they see it. My old eyes don’t but it’s still a big advancement for us.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/03/cod-advanced-warfare-michael-condrey-interview-fans-were-demanding-something-new-4932358/

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
dane007 said:
ethomaz said:
CosmicSex said:
Now when they say dynamic, they probably don't mean changing every second otherwise that would be much worse than you can imagine so I think they mean dynamic across the title. So on mode will be this minimum which is about the same as 900p and another mode may be 1080p. This is different from thePS4 version which is 1080p across all modes.

Dynamic resolution is fine... I think Wolfenstein use it and changes all the time.

yea it does. nearly finished with the game. you rarely noticed it when it happens. 

Does it change from second to second? 

It depends on 'things' going on ON screen.  Busy scene, non busy scene, and resolutions changes accordingly to try to mantain a constant frame-rate.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Im surpirised nobody has gone and whyned about the order being 1920x800. saing "its ok when sony does it but now the xbox does it aand its not full hd"(In my head this was all said in a very whyny voice).I probably should not have said that and made remember that to the famboys.
But incase I did, you you really think the xbone can handle the order in the same 1920x800? Do you think it was by choice they targeted this resolution on the x1 for COD:AW, like it was a choice for the order? You still think AC:U was not gimped on parity? Can we finally stop saying the xbone is on par with the ps4? I would really want this to stop and we could all move on from this specs war that we all know who won already and enjoy our gaming.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

walsufnir said:

And 1360×1080 as the low bar is 50 per cent higher resolution than Ghosts at 900.

1920x1080 = 2,073,600.
1360x1080 = 1,468,800.
1600x900 = 1,440,000.
1280x720 = 921,600

They probably used some strange, non 16:9 aspect ratio for "900P" to acheive that "50%" higher count.
We need to go back to saying the entire resolution, so there is no confusion. - Besides, no such thing as "900P" as a standard anyway. #damnmarketing

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
walsufnir said:

And 1360×1080 as the low bar is 50 per cent higher resolution than Ghosts at 900.

1920x1080 = 2,073,600.
1360x1080 = 1,468,800.
1600x900 = 1,440,000.
1280x720 = 921,600

They probably used some strange, non 16:9 aspect ratio for "900P" to acheive that "50%" higher count.
We need to go back to saying the entire resolution, so there is no confusion. - Besides, no such thing as "900P" as a standard anyway. #damnmarketing

I think he only made a mistake because Ghosts was 720p.

Around the Network

It's better than the 960x1080p resolution of the 50's FPS Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplayer

NNID: jorluso32 | XBL: jorluso32 | PSN: jorluso32

Current Gaming Systems: Wii U; 3DS; Xbox One; PS4

walsufnir said:
Pemalite said:
walsufnir said:

1920x1080 = 2,073,600.
1360x1080 = 1,468,800.
1600x900 = 1,440,000.
1280x720 = 921,600

Was it? Never knew/noticed. - Probably helps I don't let the Xbox One go past 720P anyway.
But that would make it a 60% increase rather than 50%? Unless I've drank to much and my math has gone for a vacation.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
walsufnir said:

Was it? Never knew/noticed. - Probably helps I don't let the Xbox One go past 720P anyway.
But that would make it a 60% increase rather than 50%? Unless I've drank to much and my math has gone for a vacation.

Roughly, yes. Either way, Ghosts was 720p on Xbone and so there is the bump in resolution/pixels.

eva01beserk said:
Im surpirised nobody has gone and whyned about the order being 1920x800. saing "its ok when sony does it but now the xbox does it aand its not full hd"(In my head this was all said in a very whyny voice).I probably should not have said that and made remember that to the famboys.
But incase I did, you you really think the xbone can handle the order in the same 1920x800? Do you think it was by choice they targeted this resolution on the x1 for COD:AW, like it was a choice for the order? You still think AC:U was not gimped on parity? Can we finally stop saying the xbone is on par with the ps4? I would really want this to stop and we could all move on from this specs war that we all know who won already and enjoy our gaming.

From an image quality stand point there is a difference. The Order is native 1080p(2.4 ratio), the image will NOT need to be upscaled by a scaler, so no artifacts will be introduced. COD:AW is scalable 1080p, the image will need to be upscaled by the xbox one's scaler, which could introduce artifacts into the image.

SandyVGina said:
eva01beserk said:

From an image quality stand point there is a difference. The Order is native 1080p(2.4 ratio), the image will NOT need to be upscaled by a scaler, so no artifacts will be introduced. COD:AW is scalable 1080p, the image will need to be upscaled by the xbox one's scaler, which could introduce artifacts into the image.

We don't know yet. Devs have the option to disable the scaler which would be my guess here as the game also achieves full hd resolution, too.