By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD: AW is 1080p on Xbone

WebMasterFlex said:
walsufnir said:
WebMasterFlex said:
A cheating resolution that's what it is.

How so? And who is to blame, in your opinion?

Inferior xbone's hardware ? Rhetorical question ?

I asked where the "cheating" is.

Around the Network

apparently the minimum resolution is that but its most of the time above that. the scaling of the resolution according to them is based on the scene.

dane007 said:
apparently the minimum resolution is that but its most of the time above that. the scaling of the resolution according to them is based on the scene.

This is just assumption right now... it can never reach 1920x1080 too... you only know the minimum is 1380x1080.

BTW from the way they worded it seems like it reaches 1920x1080 way less times than 1380x1080 but we need to wait.

ethomaz said:
dane007 said:

This is just assumption right now... it can never reach 1920x1080 too... you only know the minimum is 1380x1080.

BTW from the way they worded it seems like it reaches 1920x1080 way less times than 1380x1080 but we need to wait.

probably. they only siad its above the minimum most of the time. Probably you are right, and only goes there during cutscenes or when theres not much happening. I have the game at the moment. its quite sharp and the graphics are nice and its very smooth. I  am waiting for DF for the comparisons as well

1600 x 900 = 1.440.000 pixels
1360 x 1080 = 1.468.800 pixels
1920 x 1080 = 2.073.600 pixels (True 1080p)

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Well, 1380x1080 minimum is pretty good compared to last year's CoD on X1.

1380x1080 should have less scaling issues than 1600x900.

Is it both SP and MP?

ethomaz said:
dane007 said:

I would rather they just stuck with 1280x720 and just threw more AA at the problem instead of dealing with all these retarded aspect ratio's.
720P scales well to 2560x1440P which is what I have my console plugged into. - Not that it matters, I haven't bought a CoD in years, got Ghosts free with my console, but haven't played it to any notable extent.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Silly Xbone and it's silly resolutions...

*sigh* but I still luv ya lil buddy, it's not your fault you were born this way.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Now when they say dynamic, they probably don't mean changing every second otherwise that would be much worse than you can imagine so I think they mean dynamic across the title. So on mode will be this minimum which is about the same as 900p and another mode may be 1080p. This is different from thePS4 version which is 1080p across all modes.

Pemalite said:
ethomaz said:
dane007 said:

I would rather they just stuck with 1280x720 and just threw more AA at the problem instead of dealing with all these retarded aspect ratio's.
720P scales well to 2560x1440P which is what I have my console plugged into. - Not that it matters, I haven't bought a CoD in years, got Ghosts free with my console, but haven't played it to any notable extent.

apparently its easier to upacale vertically then it is horizontally. I have the game  and its quite beautiful to play. i am not a big COD fan either. but its pretty sharp and the graphics especially character models are very detailed.  i got thsi game splitting it three ways with my brothers lol.  Its alot of  fun and huge improvement over Ghost.  The resolution according to sledgehammer is above the minimum most of the tim ebut at what resolution , they won't say lol. Fair enough. it does look alot sharper and graphically better then ghost.