By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sold Out Again!

The retail store I work at also sells out fairly quickly.

But we only get about 6 a week, because it's still not in demand.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
ijustlikegames:) said:
I think MS is shipping small supplies to create demand. Ridiculous of it to sell out that fast.

Well, like the Madden bundle, limited quantities might reflect the need to clear the channel of old vanilla SKUs as possible.

Stores, particularly retail ones with limited space, often have no room to cram new SKUs in if they have a bunch that have languished for many months already. This kind of situation means that they can't order enough of hot sellers in many situations, and customers have to go to places where they can get them more easily (dedicated gaming stores, Amazon, etc).

The X1 SKUs are still doing good on Amazon, but notably dropped from even yesterday. It will be interesting to revisit in a week and see how it's going at that point. Will demand be filled back to the regular X1 baseline, or will there be a plateau that is achieved that is above the previous flatline, but far less than the temporary hysteria.

I caution X1 fans a little bit to remember the 'selling like hotcakes' June $399 disKinect. That did extremely well for a few days as well, before filling demand and then falling back to regular baseline pretty quickly.

These new deals of $349 with a game are FAR better than the $399 no game deals were, so I expect them to do better. Still, it doesn't seem realistic to expect anywhere close to the current ratios for very long at all.

I'll say this, when they announced these bundles in August (and the AC ones more recently) I imagined they would sell good. The price cut makes it even better.

But I never imagined we'd see any of them selling out!

Needless to say, the love of the Xbox community is shining through now and I am humbled.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

who needs a Xbox? not as good as the ps4, nothing special like the wii offers. can't believe that still people buy that piece of shirdware.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

SonicCD said:
who needs a Xbox? not as good as the ps4, nothing special like the wii offers. can't believe that still people buy that piece of shirdware.

okay if u think so...

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
SonicCD said:

okay if u think so...

Looks like a Sega CD fan enough said =p.

Does Sunset Overdrive bundle will have more stock? if not, why microsoft would do this if it was the best selling bundle.

toastboy44562 said:
todd2r said:
Is anyone surprised? Im not. Its the powerful and innovative Xbox One wrapped in a beautiful all white all natural casing. When you pair that with a unique and fresh exclusive like Sunset Overdrive, you get demand thats over the moon. Right now Amazon workers are putting these gorgeous consoles in their boxes and surrounding them with fluffy bubble wrap and making sure they are nice and snug for their journey to their proud new owners. Its almost like an adoption agency. You seen pictures of your new little one and now you get him home so you can hug him close and show him off to friends and family. Take pictures of you and your Xbox Ones first Xmas. Its incredible.

I am humbled to be a part of our loving community. It's only a matter of time before Microsoft ship more xbox one units and everyone gets to own a Xbox One and have a smile on their beautiful faces.

You guys are funny.

Believe it or not, today I saw in Best Buy a guy returning his PS4 and exchanging it for an Xbox One AC bundle. I guess those bundles do work.

Locknuts said:
toastboy44562 said:
todd2r said:
Is anyone surprised? Im not. Its the powerful and innovative Xbox One wrapped in a beautiful all white all natural casing. When you pair that with a unique and fresh exclusive like Sunset Overdrive, you get demand thats over the moon. Right now Amazon workers are putting these gorgeous consoles in their boxes and surrounding them with fluffy bubble wrap and making sure they are nice and snug for their journey to their proud new owners. Its almost like an adoption agency. You seen pictures of your new little one and now you get him home so you can hug him close and show him off to friends and family. Take pictures of you and your Xbox Ones first Xmas. Its incredible.

I am humbled to be a part of our loving community. It's only a matter of time before Microsoft ship more xbox one units and everyone gets to own a Xbox One and have a smile on their beautiful faces.

You guys are funny.

I actually find it scary.  I love video games, but I never felt that emotionally invested in a device.   They are comparing it to a children.