By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict XB1 US Sales! XB1 outselling PS4 OVER 3:1 on Amazon US! Sunset Bundle up 11,000%, 5 XB1 Skus in Top 40 Vs 1 PS4

Predict US Sales for Week Ending 8th

0 - 50k BOMBA 117 20.78%

51k - 100k 70 12.43%

101k - 150k 67 11.90%

151k - 200k 62 11.01%

201k - 250k 52 9.24%

251k - 300k 37 6.57%

301k - 350k 22 3.91%

351k+ INSANITY 134 23.80%

Total:561

Playstation_prophet said:
Who would buy a console before black friday and the 1000 deals that are about to happen?

Anyone that cares more about securing one of the bundles rather than saving a few dollars. regardless the bundles are excellent value and black friday is only going to improve them marginally if at all.

Around the Network

Plenty of people probably have been sitting on their PS3/360 for ages, so if they were waiting for a legit price drop (not just a bundle reposition like MS dropping Kinect) this is probably what a lot of people were waiting for.

Why line up with a bazillion unshowered people on Black Friday for 3 hours in the cold when MS is effectively giving you a Black Friday style deal right now?

I'd like for these sales to carry on and after some great games I think they will. Just hopes the momentum continues into the new year, for both consoles.

I guess this thread proves how people can't stand to have their favorite brand either winning or losing. How people could argue the math is the most amazing part of this thread. I can only hope those that believe that these ratios don't atleast equal 2 to 1 in XB1's favor (at the moment), seek help from their local math educator and maybe this thread would only be half a dozen comments discussing how well the moves that M$ made worked(regardless if they don't last long) instead of denying basic math...

It is near the end of the end....

Fusioncode said:
110k during Destiny week, it should at least do double that. I think around 250k for the week, maybe like 900k for the month. It's a 5 week month right?

Only five week months are March, June, September and December. (January is sometimes also, because if not then the total won't match the total weeks in a year).

Around the Network
Seece said:

Not to mention the absolute killing they must make on Xbox 360 hardware and software. They will ship 2m~ XB360's this holiday (roughly) at $100 profit at least.

Actually, seems the Sunset bundle (at least) will be setting them behind by 150$ a pop as they are giving away Ryse as well

They're really piling on the incentives...

Vena said:
Seece said:

Not to mention the absolute killing they must make on Xbox 360 hardware and software. They will ship 2m~ XB360's this holiday (roughly) at $100 profit at least.

Actually, seems the Sunset bundle (at least) will be setting them behind by 150$ a pop as they are giving away Ryse as well

Why $150 a pop? Ryse and Sunset are both published by MS, its a digital copy and its not with every sunset bundle. Just certain ones.

Vena said:
Seece said:

The cost of bundling a game is only a tiny fraction of the retail cost, especially as they are the publisher as they don't need to provide additional proft margins to the retailer or even their own licensing and profit margin on the game. At most you could argue they have an opportunity cost by bundling them of not making as much profit from the game directly.

jlmurph2 said:

Why $150 a pop? Ryse and Sunset are both published by MS, its a digital copy and its not with every sunset bundle. Just certain ones.

Its a lost software sale, you can knock it down to 30$ if you want. Same way Seece was calculating in Sunset (-30$) as its also effectively being given away for free. So put it at 30$, thats 130$.

I'm just observing the details and seeing how close we're going to get to the PS3 moneypit. M$ can easily handle it and I don't see it ever reaching those past levels of desperation.

And to think there were people who said 3rd party games won't move Xbox Ones.