By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles sometimes come very close to PC at the graphic department at times

Are consoles according to you capable of mindblowing visuals

No only PC can do that 4 8.89%

Go home peasant you're clearly drunk 9 20.00%

Uncharted 4 teaser looked fucking epic 17 37.78%

The only reason that Infa... 1 2.22%

Sony/MS exclusives never ... 5 11.11%

All of the console exclus... 9 20.00%

Total:45
r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
fory77 said:

That's the power of the Master race!

While this is all those filthy console things can do:

No contest.

while i refuse to be part of the "master race" i did find your post rather funny and true.

Uhuh

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Uhuh

Cute.

Tachikoma said:
Qwark said:

Uhuh

Cute.

If we are going to use a tech demo.

Tachikoma said:

Actually my friend, they are, the only two that could really be questioned are the unreal tournament 2014 one and the UT4 tech demo shot, however both were taken in engine, running on a high end pc.

So for all intents and purposes, they are all in game screenshots.

Again, they are not. I am not stupid and nor are most here. Tech demos (or in-engine) in game shots are not in game footage. By that logic I could bring pics of uncharted 4 in here. 

And besides, here we are arguing about it, if you want to be fair, post up in-game footage. with actual in game things going on on screen. Not etch footage designed specifically to show off eye canday that may very well not translate into the final product. Especially the infiltrator unreal demo. You might as well also put the samaritan tech demo released from almost 4 years ago here. which no game has come close to replicating in game I might add. Which is exactly why I say you should use only actual in game footage.

My answer yes it can, the same question can be happen with type of card and manufacture AMD and Nvidia, all depend on which game is optimize for.

that's why mod is exist for PC so it can erase the optimizing problem for PC but it's still come with sacrifice of time, compatibility, and effort, while many gamers just want to enjoy the game without thinking of putting mod here and there.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Tachikoma said:

Actually my friend, they are, the only two that could really be questioned are the unreal tournament 2014 one and the UT4 tech demo shot, however both were taken in engine, running on a high end pc.

So for all intents and purposes, they are all in game screenshots.

Again, they are not. I am not stupid and nor are most here. Tech demos (or in-engine) in game shots are not in game footage. By that logic I could bring pics of uncharted 4 in here. 

And besides, here we are arguing about it, if you want to be fair, post up in-game footage. with actual in game things going on on screen. Not etch footage designed specifically to show off eye canday that may very well not translate into the final product. Especially the infiltrator unreal demo. You might as well also put the samaritan tech demo released from almost 4 years ago here. which no game has come close to replicating in game I might add. Which is exactly why I say you should use only actual in game footage.

For the record the developers claimed it was directly recorded from a PS4 in engine as you can see in the teaser, it is probably a huge overgrade but still it comes from a PS4, if you're intrested in putting up test demo's than sure pc will win, although the dark sorcerer looks pretty nice. Point is as you claimed even though the potential is there not a single developer has 500.000.000 to spend on a exclusives which comes close to the tech demoes especially not PC games since well they won't be funded by MS. Console exclusives have in most cases a higher budget and can make look significantly better than many of most gamers think, which will lead them to a point in which artstyle will be more important than tech and so console exclusives will remain close to pc visuals on screen.

Qwark said:

To the DX12 argument, console API's also change over time.

Well, heres the thing though. One of the main advantages that consoles have over PC is the whole "low level api access" and that has been exclusive to consoles since forever. Every Direct X until dx12 has significant overhead compared to the console's api's. So, what dx12 does is that it removes most of that overhead giving you much faster performance! Here is an example:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/187970-directx-12-reduces-power-consumption-by-50-boosts-fps-by-60-in-new-tech-demo

On the intel HD 4400, which is an entry level video card, running that benchmark on dx11 gives them 19fps. Now, running the exact same benchmark on dx12 gives them 33 fps. That is a 60% increase in performance while switching from dx11 to dx12 in the exact same benchmark. Now, granted benchmark does not equal real life results but it gives you a great idea as to what dx12 will be capable of.

So, my point is, if, at this time, with dx11 + its overhead, the best first party games with its zomfg optomizations bearly come close to the unoptomized third party games... Just think of the performance gain that PC games will have when dx12 starts rolling out! And of course, more performance = more things you can pack in = better graphics. Sure, console apis change but it will still be bottlenecked by the hardware and they already have low level API access therefore, the performance gains will be minimal but with dx12, not only will the performance gains will be significant compared to dx11, but as new hardware comes out, the performance difference will only increase even further

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Qwark said:

If we are going to use a tech demo.

Anyone with a GTX660 or higher ca download the Digital Ire tech demo, and have it running in front of them, all we have for the dark sourcerer tech demo is their word, and i dont know about you but the graphical quality of everything shown at e3 2014 hasnt exactly panned out to be anywhere near as good.

Intrinsic said:

The HL2 screenshots are from in game from the modder who has been working on it. - http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?s=892f4d47fea8580a7c1e67d89f875408&p=2037585&postcount=3431

The UT 2014 screenshot is from ingame with the logo superimposed over it, you can download the nightly trunk and try it for yourself, google ut2014 test.

The UE4 tech demo is a screenshot of the reveal video, the video even states at the end that it was recorded running live on a gtx gpu

The cathederal screenshot is also another ingame shot from a work in progress build of a game a UE licensee is working on.

The last shot is also from ingame, from someone who was messing around with the editor in cryengine 3, all of these screenshots are from the game running live on pc hardware, not rendered scenes, they are simply the creators hitting printscreen while in a particular part of their game that they like, no different from cherry picking a nice shot in a console game.

Actually, there are all sorts of configurations, some exceed consoles and some do not.
The r7 250 will play Battlefield 4 and Watch_Dogs just fine. Will they look better than consoles? Well no but it doesn't make you any less of a PC gamer. Has anyone figured out that the most popular PC games (Minecraft, LoL, WoW... are games that even the lowest end PC's can support? The PC 'Master Race' is a term divorced from reality as most PC gamers have rigs less powerful than consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Bfezn1kSAM<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9Bfezn1kSAM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.