By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles sometimes come very close to PC at the graphic department at times

Are consoles according to you capable of mindblowing visuals

No only PC can do that 4 8.89%

Go home peasant you're clearly drunk 9 20.00%

Uncharted 4 teaser looked fucking epic 17 37.78%

The only reason that Infa... 1 2.22%

Sony/MS exclusives never ... 5 11.11%

All of the console exclus... 9 20.00%

Total:45

That's the power of the Master race!

While this is all those filthy console things can do:

No contest.

Around the Network

With exclusives, any game can/will look really really good. So if you want to have a graphics comparison its usually better using multiplats. And for today and say the next 2/3 years. Yes, a console multiplat game will come close to a PC game graphically. It would basically be like playing a PC game at medium to high settings depending on the game in question and thats not a bad thing. The PC version will not wipe the floor with the console version.

However there is a certain degree of flexibility that PCs afford those that can afford it but financially and time wise. And those select few can push any game they are running to ridiculous highs and settings. They can run their games at settings that consoles can not even dream of. Again this is not a bad thing cause their RIGs will usually cost more than a console could ever be sold at.

fory77 said:

That's the power of the Master race!

While this is all those filthy console things can do:

No contest.

while i refuse to be part of the "master race" i did find your post rather funny and true.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

I'd say they can come fairly close at times, but the gap is closing, besides I'd rather play on a console with acceptable graphics and fantastic exclusives than a gaming rig with amazing graphics and little exclusives

Tachikoma said:

so your argument is basically "console games look beter than pc games, as long as theyre exclusive and thus optimized", and then you use a multiplatform game for the pc comparison?

Surely the logical and fair comparison would be either to use multiplatform vs multiplatform, or exclusive vs exclusive.

Here i will even help.

To be fair, those aren't in-game shots. Those are shots of tech demos or jjust screens shot designed for the sole purpose of eye canday. Something a lot of PC gamers tend to like to do. Crank up the ettings of games to levels that even their rigs can only run at 10fps, take a screenshot and post it up like some sort of accomplishment (not that thats what you have done cause as i said, these aren't even in game shots).

So if you want this to be a reasonably fair argument, you should only use actual in-game shots for your comparisons. 

Around the Network

Sure, if you pick two different games. Hey, what about Ryse (XOne) vs Borderlands: The Pre Sequel (PC). Very fair comparison, right?

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Tachikoma said:
Qwark said:

Can come close to pc, I'd never said better (exept for the tomb raider, but we all know that is a one time only) and are not wiped the floor with as the so called master race claims since the console where anounced. And as I said in the thread MP will always looks better on PC, since the extra power should be used on something the better AA, lighting, Higher RES and better shadows will always make sure pc looks better on MP titles. But that wasn't the idea behind the thread, the idea behind the thread was that optimised exclusives can still show amazing graphics which sometimes even meet pc levels.

but youre still comparing a highly optimized console exclusive, with a mediocre port job.

see above screenshots for pc exclusives.

Yes but the problem is the PC doesn't get to much of these exclusives, consoles will be getting at least six a year starting 2015. And if one is willing to optimise a pc game and modd it will look much better, we can all agree on that. Problem is that most pc master race beholders claim that EVERYTHING on pc (in the same genre) looks better than ANYTHING on consoles, this thread is there to proof they are not entirely right, although the thread title perhaps could be better on second thought. The question if PC's will destroy the console at the end of this gen, remains to be seen, sure pc games will look better over time but so will console games. And since the current focus for PC games is achieving 12k 120fps, graphics may not improve as fast as during the PS360 times, giving consoles the oppurtunity to still keep up a bit. And yes I think that 12K is a huge waste of power which could be far better used for other assets like realistic fire, better reflections etc. To the DX12 argument, console API's also change over time.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Intrinsic said:
Tachikoma said:

so your argument is basically "console games look beter than pc games, as long as theyre exclusive and thus optimized", and then you use a multiplatform game for the pc comparison?

Surely the logical and fair comparison would be either to use multiplatform vs multiplatform, or exclusive vs exclusive.

Here i will even help.

To be fair, those aren't in-game shots. Those are shots of tech demos or jjust screens shot designed for the sole purpose of eye canday. Something a lot of PC gamers tend to like to do. Crank up the ettings of games to levels that even their rigs can only run at 10fps, take a screenshot and post it up like some sort of accomplishment (not that thats what you have done cause as i said, these aren't even in game shots).

So if you want this to be a reasonably fair argument, you should only use actual in-game shots for your comparisons. 

Actually my friend, they are, the only two that could really be questioned are the unreal tournament 2014 one and the UT4 tech demo shot, however both were taken in engine, running on a high end pc.

So for all intents and purposes, they are all in game screenshots.

Well when we talk about PC it's very vague meaning, which PC??? Gaming PC, multimedia PC, working PC or even game developer PC???

PC is very powerful for other thing not only gaming but all come with price

But I agree with u, even with more then 3 Terra flop of GTX 680 it's not a guarantee to play Assassins creed Unity with medium detail on PC :D, while PS4 with just 1.8 Terra can do that.

The philosophy is, with the same price of console you will get more then gaming on PC, but you will not able to experience the same graphic with console. With console you can have a good experience in graphic but your machine is only able to perform one thing which is gaming.

Qwark said:

Yes but the problem is the PC doesn't get to much of these exclusives, consoles will be getting at least six a year starting 2015. And if one is willing to optimise a pc game and modd it will look much better, we can all agree on that. Problem is that most pc master race beholders claim that EVERYTHING on pc (in the same genre) looks better than ANYTHING on consoles, this thread is there to proof they are not entirely right, although the thread title perhaps could be better on second thought. The question if PC's will destroy the console at the end of this gen, remains to be seen, sure pc games will look better over time but so will console games. And since the current focus for PC games is achieving 12k 120fps, graphics may not improve as fast as during the PS360 times, giving consoles the oppurtunity to still keep up a bit. And yes I think that 12K is a huge waste of power which could be far better used for other assets like realistic fire, better reflections etc. To the DX12 argument, console API's also change over time.

why does quantity suddenly matter, i thought the thread was about pointing out how close to a pc console games can get?

and heres the thing, everything CAN look better on a PC if its actually released for it, take the exclusive ryse for xbox one, arguably the best looking launch title for next gen, something console fans touted as looking better than the best pc could offer.

now its out for pc and looks even better, so now what?