By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty AW runs at native 1080p on PS4 (900p on XBO)

Ka-pi96 said:
Ali_16x said:

Hahahahahaha.....hahaha....haha..ha. Yes you can. Upscaled 1080p makes the game look blurry but native 1080p makes it look sharp. Keep telling yourself you can't see the difference.

Most people really can't tell the difference, despite what you may claim.

Frankly, I don't think any of us, or anyone has asked that question to enough people, to be able to make that claim (or the opposite, for that matter).  Can only say anecdotally.   Many people I know, know the difference, but many of those people have also been PC gamer's for a ~couple decades.  So, that's hardly a fair cross-section of society.

Around the Network

As a primarilly PC user, the difference between 900p and 1080p is obvious to me, as is the difference between 1080p and the more or less standard 1440p i play at.

Tamron said:
As a primarilly PC user, the difference between 900p and 1080p is obvious to me, as is the difference between 1080p and the more or less standard 1440p i play at.

I don't believe the PC upscales the resolution the same way consoles do.  I think the PC just stretches the image.  If I set Dota2 to 900p, it just looks horrible.  The difference is nothing like that for consoles. 

Tamron said:

lol. sigh...obvious? man oh man

Praise the One.

Sharpryno said:
Tamron said:

I don't believe the PC upscales the resolution the same way consoles do.  I think the PC just stretches the image.  If I set Dota2 to 900p, it just looks horrible.  The difference is nothing like that for consoles. 

It would depend on your video card and monitor, but I guarantee you that the image isn't just stretched.

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
Sharpryno said:
Tamron said:

It would depend on your video card and monitor, but I guarantee you that the image isn't just stretched.

I have a gtx 770 so I can max it fine now.  Before I had something that I could max at 900p, or play at 1080p with low settings.  I usually used 900p, but the size of everything was just so different.  

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/319029-1080p-Native-vs-1080p-Upscaled

Here, this is uncompressed pics showing exactly how similiar the two are for consoles. Upscaled is a bit more blurry, but when you are actually playing, you won't tell.  Which is why I hate this debate. 

Not surprised and I'm fine with that diff

TheWPCTraveler said:

You forgot the /thread, though.

Really wondering when people would finally be able to optimize their games to get 1080p XB1 versions.

Only when they stop pushing the PS4 given the systems hardware advantage. Otherwise something will always have to give to allow parity between X1 and PS4, whether it be the framerate, graphical fidelity or resolution. Of all of the above resolution is normally the safest bet. Both systems get the exact same experience (unlike a fps chnage) and it far less time consuming then micromanaging graphical assets between between the two consoles (although I'm sure they do this to an extent anyway).

bevochan said:
cutzman25 said:
I will stick to the 900p version because of xbox live. PSN is down too much for me to buy a strictly MP game for it

I'll wait until someone (digital foundry) does a frame rate test.  What if the xbox1 version has lots of drops in FPS?

Its certainly possible the X1 will have frame drops... but it was the PS4 version of Ghosts that had more significant frame drops.

For this release, I imagine the frame rate will be fine on both. Based on trends, its usually games that aim for resolution parity on X1 that struggle a bit with the frame rate.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Sharpryno said:
CladInShadows said:
Sharpryno said:
Tamron said:

I have a gtx 770 so I can max it fine now.  Before I had something that I could max at 900p, or play at 1080p with low settings.  I usually used 900p, but the size of everything was just so different.  

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/319029-1080p-Native-vs-1080p-Upscaled

Here, this is uncompressed pics showing exactly how similiar the two are for consoles. Upscaled is a bit more blurry, but when you are actually playing, you won't tell.  Which is why I hate this debate. 

The upscaled image isn't showing for me.

*edit* -- As to the original debate, I can definitely tell the difference, but it doesn't bother me.  And you're right.  You kind of stop paying attention when you get into the thick of things.  I've had to lower resolution on a few of my PC games just to keep frame rate up, and one step down from 1080p is considerably harder to notice than something like 720p.