By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty AW runs at native 1080p on PS4 (900p on XBO)

cutzman25 said:
I will stick to the 900p version because of xbox live. PSN is down too much for me to buy a strictly MP game for it

I'll wait until someone (digital foundry) does a frame rate test.  What if the xbox1 version has lots of drops in FPS?

Around the Network
bevochan said:
cutzman25 said:
I will stick to the 900p version because of xbox live. PSN is down too much for me to buy a strictly MP game for it

I'll wait until someone (digital foundry) does a frame rate test.  What if the xbox1 version has lots of drops in FPS?

It won't.

Good enough for me, I don't get CoD for graphics.  If I did I would get it on PC where I can max it with my gtx 770 ez.

Just vastly better on XBL. 

I would be all for an all encapsulating resolution discussion thread where all this stuff goes. This shit is tired and PS4 will usually be higher rez(or in various cases equal). Its not going to change and we get a thread for nearly every single game released.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

cutzman25 said:
but lets be honest, you don't notice 180p

Hahahahahaha.....hahaha....haha..ha. Yes you can. Upscaled 1080p makes the game look blurry but native 1080p makes it look sharp. Keep telling yourself you can't see the difference.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
cutzman25 said:

Hahahahahaha.....hahaha....haha..ha. Yes you can. Upscaled 1080p makes the game look blurry but native 1080p makes it look sharp. Keep telling yourself you can't see the difference.

Well that setting has more to do with AA.

Lookup uncompressed images of 1080p upscaled vs 1080p native.  Its almost identical. Native is slightly more detailed.  But when you are actually gaming and not analyzing crappy console graphics it looks the same. 

Around the Network
cutzman25 said:

And of course someone had to start another resolution war by making this comment.

Is anyone surprised by now. It's news when this is NOT the case.

bubblegamer said:

Yes, but that kind of news isn't fun because it's crawling with smug Xbox fans claiming the gap is closing.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
bubblegamer said:

Yes, but that kind of news isn't fun because it's crawling with smug Xbox fans claiming the gap is closing.

maybe not closing, but XBO is still starting to sell very well.  Just laugh at the Sony fanboys who use sales to bash the XBO and sound superior. 

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

CDiablo said:
I would be all for an all encapsulating resolution discussion thread where all this stuff goes. This shit is tired and PS4 will usually be higher rez(or in various cases equal). Its not going to change and we get a thread for nearly every single game released.

yeah it would only be news if PS4 has no advantages for its version or if Xbox ever had a higher res or FPS.  I own PS4 and WiiU and this is getting tired

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers