By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty AW runs at native 1080p on PS4 (900p on XBO)

I couldn't care less what either one does since I'm going to grab this on PC.

I'll leave an "inb4" because I know a certain someone likes picking up on the first line.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
cutzman25 said:
I will stick to the 900p version because of xbox live. PSN is down too much for me to buy a strictly MP game for it

Good, it will mean less people like you to polute our games!

SweetTalia said:
Tamron said:
As a primarilly PC user, the difference between 900p and 1080p is obvious to me, as is the difference between 1080p and the more or less standard 1440p i play at.

lol. sigh...obvious? man oh man

See, the difference is, im using a 1440P monitor, 1080p looks blurry, 900p looks even more blurry, and pixel crawl gets even worse.

so yes, the difference is obvious to me, not all of us game on dinky resolution displays.

Xbone putting out another game the smaller resolution than the competition not a surprise.

Tamron said:
SweetTalia said:
Tamron said:
As a primarilly PC user, the difference between 900p and 1080p is obvious to me, as is the difference between 1080p and the more or less standard 1440p i play at.

See, the difference is, im using a 1440P monitor, 1080p looks blurry, 900p looks even more blurry, and pixel crawl gets even worse.

so yes, the difference is obvious to me, not all of us game on dinky resolution displays.

I should also point out that when I game on PC, it's on a 1080p display, but it's a 42 inch LED TV about 2.5 feet away from me.  So shit like that I can pick out immediately.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ali_16x said:
cutzman25 said:
but lets be honest, you don't notice 180p

Hahahahahaha.....hahaha....haha..ha. Yes you can. Upscaled 1080p makes the game look blurry but native 1080p makes it look sharp. Keep telling yourself you can't see the difference.

Most people really can't tell the difference, despite what you may claim.

and Most people can see the difference... Ps4 versions is sharper. XB1 versions got upscaling which will look horrible as soon as the frames drops.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

cutzman25 said:

On a forum with highly compressed pictures, or youtube videos? No I don't ever really notice much. On my TV? Yes I do notice I had an X1 at one point and connected them both to see the difference and I did.

Tamron said:
SweetTalia said:
Tamron said:

Anything below your monitor's native resolution gets blurry, I have a 1440p monitor just like you, when I have to put a game in 1080p the image is blurry on it, but if you put the same 1080p image on a 1080p monitor or TV it will look sharp because the pixels are perfectly alligned with the LCD grid (however you will miss some details as the source image has less pixels)...

People with 720p TV sets will likely not see any difference between a 900p or 1080p source image as they both get downscaled to the lower resolution! (many cheaper big TVs were still at this resolution until recently... so even some people with 60 inch+ TVs can be honest when they say they see no difference, there is probably none for them... or they act dumb to defend their prefered console, this is also possible)... as long as they keep their current TVs this aspect of the power differences between the consoles does not affect them.

I'm glad most devs out there aren't letting XBO bring PS4 down, if this COD is as good as it looks it may be as good as MW2. Glad I'll get to enjoy it in 1080p. Thank you Sony for giving us such a powerful console. We are truly humbled.

cutzman25 said:

Maybe if you are use to playing games at sub 1080p.