By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Week 4/6: DONE!!! Prediction: XB1 to outsell WiiU LTD Black Friday

Will XB1 Outsell WiiU LTD on Black Friday?

Yes 100 52.08%

No 92 47.92%

Total:192
Seece said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:
XB1 adjusted down 58k? Again?! Why, it needs adjusting up not down *sigh*

XB1 outsold WiiU this week 88k this week.

Gap is 970k this week but XB1 needs adjusting up 400k~ now. (and WiiU down 100k)

nintendo sells what they ship almost so its perfectly fine

since it hasnt even hit its shipped numbers yet and its been a month passed that

Stop repeating what you hear on here, there has never been any evidence of this. 110k for WW distribution is too low, period.

theres barely any wii us in the world

plus thats over 200k wii us ww so thats possible

Stop it, you have zero proof of this. Never in the history of the industry has an active console been at 100k units on shelves/warehouses.

Don't know where you're getting "over 200k either". It's around 100k WW.

im checking ww figures for the week of sept 27

and it has wii u below 7.1 million

nintendo shipped 7.29 million thats almost 200k shipped

thats possible especially since nintendo unlike microsoft ship what they almost sell

if you want to I do speech and debate Im happy to take you on :)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

I think might come down to re-checking after new year's and more official statements. With the numbers bouncing like they are; this is impossible to determine, that's part of the challenge of making predictions on vgchartz.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:

Stop it, you have zero proof of this. Never in the history of the industry has an active console been at 100k units on shelves/warehouses.

thats possible especially since nintendo unlike microsoft ship what they almost sell

Ah yeah it was 290k not 190k. (Though I still stand by it's 100k overtracked at least, rather than at least 200k overtracked now).

It doesn't matter what theories you come up with, 3/4 weeks stock is not normal and the fact we've been overtracking WiiU so much recently (as proven) leads me to believe it's still happening.

I only dissagree on 2 parts, but those 2 things make me think Wii U may stay ahead at least til December. First, I dont think XB1 is as under tracked as that (I'd say 200k) or Wii U over tracked at all after being adjusted down. and the Second thing is I think Wii U will beat XB1 Black Friday week

*GAAAAASPPP*

Yes I know I know sounds crazy but hear me out. So wee all know about how Smash U was moved to release earlier in Europe right? Well that day just so happens to be the 28th, Black Friday (also comes out in Australia on the 29th) so while Wii U is getting trounced by XB1 in US XB1 will be getting trounced by Wii U in Europe. And I think the 2 will at LEAST cancel each other out and postpone Wii U getting passed til December

Seece said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:

Ah yeah it was 290k not 190k. (Though I still stand by it's 100k overtracked at least, rather than at least 200k overtracked now).

It doesn't matter what theories you come up with, 3/4 weeks stock is not normal and the fact we've been overtracking WiiU so much recently (as proven) leads me to believe it's still happening.

still I still stand by my belief since nintendo is a hesitant company they would be hestitant on shipping more than they can sell

so I will even say at most 50k or less or about right. You got to keep in mind october sales tend to improve upon september sales

this gives the new bundles a full month

plus bayonetta 2 which judging by retailers around the world it sold some wii us

I have way more info to prove it right I just dont want to be a person who wastes your time

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
pkmnMasterWheeeIer said:
I only dissagree on 2 parts, but those 2 things make me think Wii U may stay ahead at least til December. First, I dont think XB1 is as under tracked as that (I'd say 200k) or Wii U over tracked at all after being adjusted down. and the Second thing is I think Wii U will beat XB1 Black Friday week

*GAAAAASPPP*

Yes I know I know sounds crazy but hear me out. So wee all know about how Smash U was moved to release earlier in Europe right? Well that day just so happens to be the 28th, Black Friday (also comes out in Australia on the 29th) so while Wii U is getting trounced by XB1 in US XB1 will be getting trounced by Wii U in Europe. And I think the 2 will at LEAST cancel each other out and postpone Wii U getting passed til December

The Wii U will possibly need to beat its launch week (around 550k) to accomplish this, and with it being so weak in Europe; this seems pretty far-fetched in my opinion. I would even go so far as to say that it is impossible. The Wii U did about 230k last year in the same week, with some pretty good deals on bundles and Super Mario 3D World being launched globally the week before as well as coming off of a recent 50$ price cut and a massive advertisement campaign (the giveaway at airplanes was among these publicity stunts). To more than double that and only with the primary pull of Smash in Europe where the Super Smash series is by far the weakest, is quite simply not going to happen. If the Wii U can manage 300k on Black Friday week, that will be about 30% up yoy on 2013 and Nintendo should be very pleased. 100% +++ up yoy isn't happening.

*sigh*

XB1 approaching 10m shipped, yet adjusted down ....

Gap is likely rapidly shrinking yet VGC doesn't show it.

Seece said:
*sigh*

XB1 approaching 10m shipped, yet adjusted down ....

Gap is likely rapidly shrinking yet VGC doesn't show it.

We will see what the next update brings, Then my Thread will be, how much will xbox one outsell Wii U by January 3rd.

It shall happen by end of year for sure.

i think x1 is already past Wii U numbers, no hard numbers to prove it though

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25