By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Week 4/6: DONE!!! Prediction: XB1 to outsell WiiU LTD Black Friday

Will XB1 Outsell WiiU LTD on Black Friday?

Yes 100 52.08%

No 92 47.92%

Total:192

Yeah, even if the Wii U should only go down 100k and XBO up 100k, it's clearly more accurate with shipping data and would go a long way to showing you being correct.

Around the Network

didnt wii u and x1 just get adjusted down?

rik said:
didnt wii u and x1 just get adjusted down?

Yeah, XB1 needs to be adjusted up even more now.

I believe so.

At the same time, it is sad to see the WiiU in that position. I believe Nintendo showed some good numbers but they must be tied to the 3DS and not the WiiU. I'm hope Nintendo is coming out with a new console soon. Even if I 100% agree that the software is what matter, it is not the opinion of the consumers in general where they are just looking at "new more powerful stuff == better". The WiiU console is good console, the games (mainly from Nintendo) are also very good. I'm still playing on it (and not with my kids) and really enjoy it.

From now to BF week included XBOne can definitely sell enough to more than fill the gap, so it will depend only on how well or badly Wii U will sell. Right now teh undead home console is selling barely decently and its growth as holidays approach is decent but nothing to call home about, let's see after the big games launches, but unless there be adjustments, we see it just used Bayonetta 2 launch getting in return quite a modest HW boost. Ninty franchises and official Ninty initiatives like bundles, possible price drops, redesigns, special themed case consoles, etc. should do a lot better for both SW and HW, but we still have to see by how much.
So the outcome is still open, but we can already say that a positive one for XBOne is possible and not unlikely, current numbers, trend and sensible predictions for the next weeks don't rule it out.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

XB1 adjusted down 58k? Again?! Why, it needs adjusting up not down *sigh*

XB1 outsold WiiU this week 88k this week.

Gap is 970k this week but XB1 needs adjusting up 400k~ now. (and WiiU down 100k)

Seece said:

Gap is 970k this week but XB1 needs adjusting up 400k~ now. (and WiiU down 100k)

nintendo sells what they ship almost so its perfectly fine

since it hasnt even hit its shipped numbers yet and its been a month passed that

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:

since it hasnt even hit its shipped numbers yet and its been a month passed that

Stop repeating what you hear on here, there has never been any evidence of this. 110k for WW distribution is too low, period.

Seece said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:

Stop repeating what you hear on here, there has never been any evidence of this. 110k for WW distribution is too low, period.

theres barely any wii us in the world

plus thats over 200k wii us ww so thats possible

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Seece said:

theres barely any wii us in the world

plus thats over 200k wii us ww so thats possible

Stop it, you have zero proof of this. Never in the history of the industry has an active console been at 100k units on shelves/warehouses.

Don't know where you're getting "over 200k either". It's around 100k WW.