By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What genre(s) do you think deserve more love?

3d on 2d horror.

Around the Network

RTS. Now It's all about mobas, and previously it was all about MMOs. I want Warcraft 4 damnit!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Honestly, 3D platformers don't seem to get THAT much love nowadays! I kidna miss the N64/PSX days... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If this were 5 years ago, I would have said point and click adventures, but they've been getting a lot of love in the indie scene. Right now? Platformers and JRPGs. My favourite console games of yesteryear.

- Fighting games
- Hack'n Slash

Around the Network

Traditional JRPGS are losing their tracking. They boomed like crazy during the 90's but after Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest VIII, they seemed to lose their followings. I know FF and DQ still sell well but there aren't enough JRPGs to go around, new ones anyway. And I understand because nobody wants a predictable JRPG and that's all we're getting.

Metroidvania!

2D plataformers.
now they are just indie, and people dont see that they value 60$, even amazing ones, full of content like rayman legends and DKCTF.

RTS, JRPGs, SRPGs

Veknoid_Outcast said:
mysteryman said:
Point 'n' click adventure

Totally agree.

Although adventure games are still doing well on PC (Deponia, The Book of Unwritten Tales, Broken Age, etc.), I would love to see more on home consoles, and I'd love to see them reach a larger audience.

Yep.  Basically go to GOG.com, and be prepared to be able to walk away with dozens of point and click adventure games, both old and new.