By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What genre(s) do you think deserve more love?

FPS. *runs and hides*

I mean that developers need to put some love in those games because most of them nowadays just feel like a copy of another. I believe that if developers treated this genre with more love, gamers would love this genre even more.

Around the Network

Point 'n' click adventure

Mystro-Sama said:
bubblegamer said:
Strategy games on consoles!

This.

Ewww!
Strategy games generally don't work, controllers are poor at Micro and Macro gameplay.

Halo Wars got around it to some degree with it's circular mouse cursor, tiny armies and stupidly simplistic base building.

Although, I wouldn't complain if I could plug in a mouse and keyboard so that the PC and Consoles can battle each other out in a decent RTS online.

TheWPCTraveler said:
bubblegamer said:
Strategy games on consoles!

Bring me Civilization: Beyond Earth, and I'll buy your console!

You're funny.
I love how you imply that the Xbox One and/or Playstation 4 has anywhere near the CPU Capabilities to even run it to an acceptable degree.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

RTS games in general, consoles and PC there seems to be a massive drought of them, sure there's games like Company of Heroes but that's a slightly different box of frogs, I'm talking pure on RTS games like Supreme Commander, Age of Empires, Starcraft II and the C&C series. This year I've only seen one release and that was Planetary Annihilation by Uber Entertainment, the release was a proper shoddy one at best with the devs immediately going for a KS to start up a new RTS called Human Resources, it tanked due to the backlash of giving us a rather bare bones, buggy, unoptimized and in general incomplete game and couple that with their history of only supporting and then killing off their past games like Monday Night Combat and they've already got bad rep and little goodwill, I know they are currently trying to fix up PA to make it what it should have been but that's all they can do and they're doing it to repair the damage which at this point can't be undone since the scores are out with the game being not so well received and while I had a bit of a good time with it I'm still better off with C&C/SCII and the Supreme Commander series.

RTS needs to make a proper comeback, I know there's at least one maybe two indie devs that are making their own but I can almost guarantee they won't be as polished and will be short lived, there's the Grey Goo game coming maybe next year from Petroglyph studios but even then we're facing 1, maybe two more RTS games next year if lucky compared to all the RPG, platformer,Puzzle,racing, JRPG and shooter genre's, RTS has been in pretty bad shape now for 6 years, doesn't help that it;s my favourite of all genres and it's gotten such crap love and attention for so long.

C&C 3/Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 managed to work somewhat well on the PS3/360 last gen but they didn't exactly sell like hotcakes, RTS on console games aren't exactly the mainstay for the genre, PC is the home of RTS games and I feel it needs a reboot from there and maybe then test the waters on the consoles, Wii U in particular with it's gamepad which I could see being more useful than a PS4/XB1 gamepad.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Zekkyou said:
VNGs like Zero Escape, Danganronpa and Ace Attorney, though there aren't many of them. They rarely get considered for localization, and even when they do, it takes years :/ They also require a lot of reading, which is an activity many seem to fear more than hot coals pressed against your balls.

I've given up on waiting for localizations, to be honest. I've learned to rely on whether they get an anime adaptation or not. I refuse to play fan translations.

You won't believe how overjoyed I was when Clannad was announced to be released to the west.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Adventure games. Not the low budget episodic crap that we have today. Bring back the days of Grim Fandango, Riven, Syberia.

RTS.

Action

"Hack & Slash".

fighting games. I need more of them, even if you get bored of them in a couple of hours

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

mysteryman said:
Point 'n' click adventure

Totally agree.

Although adventure games are still doing well on PC (Deponia, The Book of Unwritten Tales, Broken Age, etc.), I would love to see more on home consoles, and I'd love to see them reach a larger audience.

Dream simulation games need more love. Definitely.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"