By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: MK8 at 3.49m (retail + digital) as of end of September. Undertracked on VGC?

Kerotan said:

an those fans will always get physical. The digital crowd will get digital plus another good portion woh only get digital for big titles they know they'll love. 

However, there was a bundle which contributed to physical sales, as well as a high casual appeal, and casual consumers tend to buy games physically. I see no reason why this would have such an abnormally high digital sales ratio. If anything, I feel like it would be lower

Around the Network

unsold copies in stores + ~10% digital sales + ~200k undertracked (AFAIR it was confirmed to be a bit undertracked in the US)

All in all still a decent margin of error.

why do you ask? you didnt see npd?1.2m usa 1. 060m vgc,140k undertracked...Also vgc sometimes has undertracked retail,the deficit isn t essential to come exclusively from digital sales,smash bros has already 230k digital 3ds,it isn t impossible digital sales to be 500k.Wii u's capacity isn t a problem...external hard disks!

Barozi said:

unsold copies in stores + ~10% digital sales + ~200k undertracked (AFAIR it was confirmed to be a bit undertracked in the US)

All in all still a decent margin of error.

agreed but digital 15-20% IMO

What's with the WiiU software undertracking? :P
Is it supposed to make up for the HW overtracking?

Around the Network

3,5!
wow.

My 8M lifetime predict seems more resonable.

the_dengle said:
Solid-Stark said:
the_dengle said:

500k digital seems like a lot for a system with only 32 gigs of storage.

That's a rather weak correlation.

Is it? It seems like a fair point to me.

Internal memory of one system correlates to sold units? :S you don't even see the problem in your reasoning?
my computer has 8TB of data storage... does that mean PC's sell 100milion digital units of all games?.. still think you have resonable logic?

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Bajablo said:

Internal memory of one system correlates to sold units? :S you don't even see the problem in your reasoning?
my computer has 8TB of data storage... does that mean PC's sell 100milion digital units of all games?.. still think you have resonable logic?

So if your computer had 8GB of storage, it would have no effect on the number of games you buy digitally?

Maybe not, since you'd probably just buy an external. But if 1000 people had computers with 8GB of storage, would all 1000 of them buy external hard drives? If only 900 of them bought an external, would digital sales be as common for the remaining 100 as they are for the others?

When it was revealed, many people complained about the small amount of memory on the Wii U compared to its competitors. But if Wii U games wind up with the same digital:physical ratio, it must not have deterred enough people to be significant. Some argue that Nintendo's games are small enough to fit on the Wii U's system memory, but I think that people who buy retail games digitally are much more likely to also be buying digital-only games. If you aren't active in managing it, that system memory will get filled up pretty quickly.