By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YouTube Finally Supports 60FPS, And It Looks Awesome

Nem said:
Maybe now developers will stop telling us how 30 fps is more cinematic...

That would be smart, which means it won't happen

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Why do so many people have a problem with Chrome? Browsers are free, I have three of them. I usually use Firefox but I don't mind taking 2 seconds to boot up Chrome just to watch something on youtube if it's going to look much better.

2 thing untrue here.

First, 2 second is not the case in any rpogram in my computer. In general browsers take a lot of memory, so with 2 or more browser open, my computer will really strugle with playng a HD 60fps video.

Second, its not a something, i see videos every hour in the internet, and in lot of them i want to comment, like, etc, andto have another browser to do that means more logins,  more video history divided, etc. Its jsut not feel rigth.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Wright said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Wright said:
Vasto said:

You need Google Chrome

Fuck you Google.

Cleary, this is on purpose, since Google owns YouTube. It might also be because that's the primary design platform.

I know that, but I'm against Google's monopoly of everything. Well, no, I'm actually against forcing Google+ on everything!

I, for one, welcome our Google overlords.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Downloaded chrome just for this and my god is it amazing. :O

justiceiro said:

2First, 2 second is not the case in any rpogram in my computer. In general browsers take a lot of memory, so with 2 or more browser open, my computer will really strugle with playng a HD 60fps video.

Second, its not a something, i see videos every hour in the internet, and in lot of them i want to comment, like, etc, andto have another browser to do that means more logins,  more video history divided, etc. Its jsut not feel rigth.

It's not untrue if I was describing my own experience. Working with 8 gigs of RAM I played the video simultaneously in Firefox and Chrome side-by-side with no problems.

It's a little inconvenient but yesterday your options were limited to:

• Watch youtube videos on any browser at 30 fps

and now your options are limited to:

• Or watch youtube videos on Chrome at 60 fps

It's not like you lost something in the transition. You can continue watching videos at 30 fps if you want.

Around the Network
Vasto said:
Wright said:
Vasto said:

You need Google Chrome

Fuck you Google.

Looks like all Microsoft's products have problems hitting 60FPS.

Oh snap! :)

Saw for 1st time MK8 in 60... My eyes!

I curse my friend for delaying his Wii U purchase...

the_dengle said:
justiceiro said:

2First, 2 second is not the case in any rpogram in my computer. In general browsers take a lot of memory, so with 2 or more browser open, my computer will really strugle with playng a HD 60fps video.

It's not untrue if I was describing my own experience. Working with 8 gigs of RAM I played the video simultaneously in Firefox and Chrome side-by-side with no problems.

It's a little inconvenient but yesterday your options were limited to:

and now your options are limited to:

• Or watch youtube videos on Chrome at 60 fps

It's not like you lost something in the transition. You can continue watching videos at 30 fps if you want.

Actually, I lost something in fact. Now 60fps videos just doesn't play 30fps in hd, i'm limited to 480p everytime someone decide to upload a 60fps video.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:

Actually, I lost something in fact. Now 60fps videos just doesn't play 30fps in hd, i'm limited to 480p everytime someone decide to upload a 60fps video.

Now I really don't know what you're talking about. The link in the OP runs at 60 fps in HD in Chrome. If you open it in a different browser it runs at 30 fps in HD the same way it always has. Youtube hasn't removed HD resolutions for non-Chrome users.

Apparently the 60fps videos also work on Safari, Wii U YouTube App, and PS4 YouTube App.