By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YouTube Finally Supports 60FPS, And It Looks Awesome

Great, but........... still compressed.

Therefore, it still looks pretty shit compared to actual TV running the game in front of your eyes.

Around the Network

Looks smoother, definitely. What's more impressive is that guys driving skills! I thought I was good at mario kart :O

Well, the 60fps videos they previewed worked fine on Firefox. Kind of disappointing they made it a Chrome-only feature now.

There's nothing wrong with Chrome, And I'm sure it performs as good or better than Firefox. Only reason I still use Firefox is the UI I've grown so used to. It's hard to transition.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

'Doesn't look any different to me

Maybe now developers will stop telling us how 30 fps is more cinematic...

Around the Network

for 4 days now I can neither watch youtube nor twitch because it always puffers. (alot of people have only problems with those 2 shit sites)

I can watch video on demand services or watch 1080p60 video on gamersyde without a problem

They should fix their shitty websites before they "improve" stuff like that. E.g. dont send the content to the ISP so the ISP is providing it.

I want them to to do this instead

Btw does 720p/1080p automatically go for 60fps? This means I will never ever be able to watch HD content on youtube EVER again (in case it was uploaded with 60fps that is) because of twice the bandwirth/stabiility being required?

EDIT: Wow wtf the imbedded video even in 1080p60 works like a charm  everything on youtubes site itself is shit (tried Opera Firefox Iron IE etc etc.)

Wright said:
Vasto said:

You need Google Chrome

Fuck you Google.

Seconded, I'm boycotting Google.

iTechHeads said:
Wright said:

Fuck you Google.

Best browser out there by far.(at least on Windows)

It has no bookmarks sidebar. That alone makes me use Firefox.

Mr_No said:
iTechHeads said:
Wright said:

Fuck you Google.

Best browser out there by far.(at least on Windows)

It has no bookmarks sidebar. That alone makes me use Firefox.

Firefox is too slow. Love Chrome!!

I generally accept that Youtube videos just look crap and I'm used to it but when I uploaded my first Mario Kart video I actually found it quite jarring watching it in 30fps, purely because I was used to seeing the game a certain way.

60fps video isn't necessary for everything but it's certainly a nice option.