By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Vs. XB1: Do you still think WiiU will win, if so why?

WiiU V.s XB1

WiiU will win 421 49.36%

XB1 will win 432 50.64%

Total:853

wii u never had a chance. p.s im not a hater

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network

I can't believe anyone thought the Wii U would remain in second place. Even after the disastrous X1 reveal in May 2013, I still knew Wii U would be last place.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JakDaSnack said:
What am I missing about the poll result? XB1 is slightly ahead, how is that surprising? Anyways, the WiiU can absolutely get 2nd. They just have to start making the right moves. They most likely won't, but it's certainly possible.

It's about as likely as me winning the lottery and that's what's wrong with the poll, that the Nintendo love/Xbox hate on this site is so strong that even in a scenario where the winner will with a 99.9% probability be the Xbox, the poll still has over 40% voting against the Xbox.

This might be excuseable for any other gaming site but not one that specifically deals with sales.

I would say the wii u has about a 1% chance of beating the xbone in sales but a 99% chance of having a better game library when it's all said and done.

stpaulmagic said:
I would say the wii u has about a 1% chance of beating the xbone in sales but a 99% chance of having a better game library when it's all said and done.

Irrelevent and likely wrong with with all the multiplats XB1 will get.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
Was there ever any doubt? I think the Wii showed us very well that a huge number of people gaming casually have switched to mobile. Only the real Nintendo fans still play WiiU and they should, because Nintendo makes great games.

Look one post above yours...

Well I guess they're just being extremely positive, just think with reason and even they should know it's impossible.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Will win what exactly?

Second place? lol

X1 will win

WhiteEaglePL said:

Wii U can win. It's not impossible.

Simply requires a TON of change from Nintendo. That is :
embrace hype , online , follow trends a bit more.
More megatons.
Quicker game development

BE AGGRESSIVE. Not slightly passive aggressive....

JoeAncelotti said:
Was there ever any doubt? I think the Wii showed us very well that a huge number of people gaming casually have switched to mobile. Only the real Nintendo fans still play WiiU and they should, because Nintendo makes great games.

But I'm a new Nintendo fan.

All those things may help, if they were set in motion about three years ago before the Wii U was released. What will be the go-to means of securing 2nd place after Smash, Amiboos and the various small fry titles (Hyrule Warrios, Bayonetta 2) that have had virtually no impact have passed? All these "right moves" everyone is talking about had to have been made during the console's conception, it is way too late, the product and its lack of appeal is the main issue and cannot be helped by price, software, improving features that will still be lagging severely behind or all the intention in the world. Hindsight is 20/20, after all.

At some point, people have to start realizing what's what, it reminds me a lot of the early PS3 days, where people were dooming the Wii and talking about the inevitable victory for Sony. The biggest difference in this scenario is that it looks a whole lot worse this time around; there is simply no way at all that the Wii U has a fraction of a chance to stand up against the One, it is currently being outsold about 3:1 and even during the One's spectacular low this summer, the weeks that the Wii U won was usually in the 10% region, not to mention the fact that the One is likely undertracked a fair bit and the Wii U ditto overtracked.

I guess the Wii U will have a pretty good holiday this year, especially compared to last year, and people will stare themselves blind on the figures and forget what's about to happen in January and onwards. It was actually never this bad during the Wii days, even with the likes of Hus and Crazzyman, I've seen some downright spectacular opinions and predictions by many Nintendo fans in here this year and in 2013 and I just don't understand the logic behind it at all.

Mummelmann said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Wii U can win. It's not impossible.

Simply requires a TON of change from Nintendo. That is :
embrace hype , online , follow trends a bit more.
More megatons.
Quicker game development

BE AGGRESSIVE. Not slightly passive aggressive....

JoeAncelotti said:

But I'm a new Nintendo fan.

All those things may help, if they were set in motion about three years ago before the Wii U was released. What will be the go-to means of securing 2nd place after Smash, Amiboos and the various small fry titles (Hyrule Warrios, Bayonetta 2) that have had virtually no impact have passed?

At some point, people have to start realizing what's what, it reminds me a lot of the early PS3 days, where people were dooming the Wii and talking about the inevitable victory for Sony. The biggest difference in this scenario is that it looks a whole lot worse this time around; there is simply no way at all that the Wii U has a fraction of a chance to stand up against the One, it is currently being outsold about 3:1 and even during the One's spectacular low this summer, the weeks that the Wii U won was usually in the 10% region, not to mention the fact that the One is likely undertracked a fair bit and the Wii U ditto overtracked.

I guess the Wii U will have a pretty good holiday this year, especially compared to last year, and people will stare themselves blind on the figures and forget what's about to happen in January and onwards. It was actually never this bad during the Wii days, even with the likes of Hus and Crazzyman, I've seen some downright spectacular opinions and predictions by many Nintendo fans in here this year and in 2013 and I just don't understand the logic behind it at all.

I do wonder when XB1 overtakes WiiU, will said Nintendo fans then continue to believe WiiU wall claw back the lead? I think it should be evident in 6 months though what the LTD of WiiU will be, nothing at that point will right the ship.

It's too little too late for the Wii U to turn things around (hasn't the XBO already outshipped the Wii U?), and I am really not surprised by those poll results.