Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Vs. XB1: Do you still think WiiU will win, if so why?

WiiU V.s XB1

WiiU will win 421 49.36%
 
XB1 will win 432 50.64%
 
Total:853
DerNebel said:
Jesus Christ that poll result.

The Wii U has never left its way to last place and it's still on that road. For a couple weeks/months the Wii U was slightly ahead of the X1 and some Nintendo fans completely jumped the gun on that, now we're back to the X1 being easily ahead and people have gone quiet again.

Still, it was kinda hilarious to see all those people take a minuscule lead of a couple 1000 units per week and blow it completely out of proportion.

Indeed. XB1 pretty much erased the lead WiiU built up in Destiny week alone.



 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Wii U can win. It's not impossible.

Simply requires a TON of change from Nintendo. That is :
embrace hype , online , follow trends a bit more.
More megatons.
Quicker game development

BE AGGRESSIVE. Not slightly passive aggressive....

All of those things are exactly what Nintendo need to do.

Although it may be a little late for the Wii U, maybe they would be better off doing that on their next console. If they really go for it they could have a great console, generate a tonne of hype, get 3rd party support and bring in a load of new fans all at once then.



It's better to start doing that soon....

And keep improving until next gen - where they should just go all for it. Starting from:

Awesome launch

Hype

Great games lineup for the first year, and launch day.

Hype

Continue with getting 3rd party games, like Bayonetta + devil's third.

Try again with 3rd parties - ask them what they want in the next console ect.

No stupid name.

One of : Zelda , Pokemon , Smash at luanch. (or if handheld, then pokemon definitly.)

 

^Basically , get a very good start, unlike what we witnessed this gen.



What am I missing about the poll result? XB1 is slightly ahead, how is that surprising? Anyways, the WiiU can absolutely get 2nd. They just have to start making the right moves. They most likely won't, but it's certainly possible.



Something...Something...Games...Something

wii u never had a chance. p.s im not a hater



PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

I can't believe anyone thought the Wii U would remain in second place. Even after the disastrous X1 reveal in May 2013, I still knew Wii U would be last place.



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
What am I missing about the poll result? XB1 is slightly ahead, how is that surprising? Anyways, the WiiU can absolutely get 2nd. They just have to start making the right moves. They most likely won't, but it's certainly possible.

It's about as likely as me winning the lottery and that's what's wrong with the poll, that the Nintendo love/Xbox hate on this site is so strong that even in a scenario where the winner will with a 99.9% probability be the Xbox, the poll still has over 40% voting against the Xbox.

This might be excuseable for any other gaming site but not one that specifically deals with sales.



I would say the wii u has about a 1% chance of beating the xbone in sales but a 99% chance of having a better game library when it's all said and done.



stpaulmagic said:
I would say the wii u has about a 1% chance of beating the xbone in sales but a 99% chance of having a better game library when it's all said and done.

Irrelevent and likely wrong with with all the multiplats XB1 will get.



 

Ka-pi96 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
Was there ever any doubt? I think the Wii showed us very well that a huge number of people gaming casually have switched to mobile. Only the real Nintendo fans still play WiiU and they should, because Nintendo makes great games.

Look one post above yours...

Well I guess they're just being extremely positive, just think with reason and even they should know it's impossible.



Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Will win what exactly?

Second place? lol

X1 will win