By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Vs. XB1: Do you still think WiiU will win, if so why?

WiiU V.s XB1

WiiU will win 421 49.36%

XB1 will win 432 50.64%

Total:853
WhiteEaglePL said:

Wii U can win. It's not impossible.

Simply requires a TON of change from Nintendo. That is :
embrace hype , online , follow trends a bit more.
More megatons.
Quicker game development

BE AGGRESSIVE. Not slightly passive aggressive....

All of that is needed by Nintendo, none of that can realistically allow the Wii U to top X1 at this stage. This lists what they need to do for their next system more then anything

Embrace hype; but hype what? The gamepad which they don't even know how to use? The systems last gen hardware? what can they hype next year  outside of X, Zelda? Which are both looking like Q3/4. SSony and microsoft have about 4 hyped releases each quarter. Nintendo doesn't have enough system sellers and I think we've all learned in the last few months that system sellers do not always equate to exclusives.

More then anything Nintendo NEED competetive hardware and 3rd party support. The only home console system to succeed without 3rd party support.... None. Nintendo's successful home systems= NES, SNES, Wii- all had tons of support. The only home console to succeed without using horsepower as a USP is the Wii and the chances of anyone repeating its success is unlikely. You don't need to be the most powerful (PS1, PS2, 360), but you need to be considered cutting edge regardless. I don't remember anyone complained about the ps1, 2 or 360 looking last gen.

Around the Network

Neck-and neck in the poll, that is really quite something.

Seece said:
Mummelmann said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Wii U can win. It's not impossible.

Simply requires a TON of change from Nintendo. That is :
embrace hype , online , follow trends a bit more.
More megatons.
Quicker game development

BE AGGRESSIVE. Not slightly passive aggressive....

JoeAncelotti said:
Was there ever any doubt? I think the Wii showed us very well that a huge number of people gaming casually have switched to mobile. Only the real Nintendo fans still play WiiU and they should, because Nintendo makes great games.

But I'm a new Nintendo fan.

All those things may help, if they were set in motion about three years ago before the Wii U was released. What will be the go-to means of securing 2nd place after Smash, Amiboos and the various small fry titles (Hyrule Warrios, Bayonetta 2) that have had virtually no impact have passed?

At some point, people have to start realizing what's what, it reminds me a lot of the early PS3 days, where people were dooming the Wii and talking about the inevitable victory for Sony. The biggest difference in this scenario is that it looks a whole lot worse this time around; there is simply no way at all that the Wii U has a fraction of a chance to stand up against the One, it is currently being outsold about 3:1 and even during the One's spectacular low this summer, the weeks that the Wii U won was usually in the 10% region, not to mention the fact that the One is likely undertracked a fair bit and the Wii U ditto overtracked.

I guess the Wii U will have a pretty good holiday this year, especially compared to last year, and people will stare themselves blind on the figures and forget what's about to happen in January and onwards. It was actually never this bad during the Wii days, even with the likes of Hus and Crazzyman, I've seen some downright spectacular opinions and predictions by many Nintendo fans in here this year and in 2013 and I just don't understand the logic behind it at all.

I do wonder when XB1 overtakes WiiU, will said Nintendo fans then continue to believe WiiU wall claw back the lead? I think it should be evident in 6 months though what the LTD of WiiU will be, nothing at that point will right the ship.

they'll probably just hide in the shadows

Mummelmann said:
Neck-and neck in the poll, that is really quite something.

Not really, there's always 1 or 2 Nintendo diehards that spam any Nintendo related poll to make themselves feel better. Logically there's not much of a chance of the Wii U beating the XB1. It's well behind the GameCube and continues to get beaten every month launch alligned. 

you cant even take the poll serioulsy. I have no love lost for xbox but come on. Common sense

Around the Network

wow, split 50/50!

Earlier this year, I would've predicted the Xbox One would stay behind the Wii U, through 2015 at least. For many weeks this year, the Xbox One's sales have been the same as or slightly behind the Wii U.

Lately, it seems to have been picking up steam. And with this most recent price cut, I think the Xbox One could pass the Wii U by years' end.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Anfebious said:
DerNebel said:

It's about as likely as me winning the lottery and that's what's wrong with the poll, that the Nintendo love/Xbox hate on this site is so strong that even in a scenario where the winner will with a 99.9% probability be the Xbox, the poll still has over 40% voting against the Xbox.

This might be excuseable for any other gaming site but not one that specifically deals with sales.

Chill out man. Don't get so flustered over the poll! It means nothing, heck I think the Xbox One has second place on lock but I picked the first option for the lulz.

It's a sales site yes but we aren't analysts (some might be though!). We are just a bunch of people wanting to have fun on the internet ya know?

I know that the poll means nothing, I've realized that quite a few polls ago, but its still kinda sad, cause while you might be voting for the Wii U for the lulz others might be doing it out of complete conviction, or there might be, as has been suggested several times before, just one or two dudes going through the trouble of spam voting in these polls so the Wii U doesn't end up behind.

It's cool to have fun but things like this are just kinda stupid imo, makes polls utterly worthless.

Also while we are not analysts we still have access to at least some form of sales data on this site directly, which would make it even more mindboggling to me, if someone would still be convinced that the Wii U was going to take this one home after using this site's data to make an informed decision.

It was obvious from the start, a console can't live on first parties alone.

I love how DerNebel plays a Wii U Knight's Hunter..

Topic: If Nintendo doesn't come up with a $50 off Smash Bros blundle they will loose their second spot no longer than November.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804