By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Vs. XB1: Do you still think WiiU will win, if so why?

WiiU V.s XB1

WiiU will win 421 49.36%

XB1 will win 432 50.64%

Total:853

I haven't believed Wii U would take second place since mid-2013 and nothing has happened to change my mind.

I would like to see some kind of revival that spurs the system onto lifetime sales greater than the 15 million or so it's tracking to hit, but even that looks unlikely. There's next to no mainstream awareness of the system and it's software, and what little awareness there is in wider circles is still very negative. The system will ride out the generation as a niche device, and we'll just have to see what Nintendo's new approach will bring in future.

It's a shame, because the industry is always a more interesting place with a competitive Nintendo.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

I'm optimistic!

Like drake_tolu optimistic ? 

XB1 has a greater chance of achieving 'second place' in this so-called race, simply because MS has more cards up their sleeve than Nintendo does. Wii U is doing better than it was, but it's too little, too late.

fatslob-:O said:
Anfebious said:

I'm optimistic!

Like drake_tolu optimistic ? 

You could say that!

Feel free to quote my comment in a couple of years to bully me.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Well, X1 will probably do it easily, mid-2015 max, maybe even in 2014 if it has a bit of luck.

Around the Network

@ WhiteEagle, that stuff won't happen overnight.

Jesus Christ that poll result.

The Wii U has never left its way to last place and it's still on that road. For a couple weeks/months the Wii U was slightly ahead of the X1 and some Nintendo fans completely jumped the gun on that, now we're back to the X1 being easily ahead and people have gone quiet again.

Still, it was kinda hilarious to see all those people take a minuscule lead of a couple 1000 units per week and blow it completely out of proportion.

DerNebel said:
Jesus Christ that poll result.

The Wii U has never left its way to last place and it's still on that road. For a couple weeks/months the Wii U was slightly ahead of the X1 and some Nintendo fans completely jumped the gun on that, now we're back to the X1 being easily ahead and people have gone quiet again.

Still, it was kinda hilarious to see all those people take a minuscule lead of a couple 1000 units per week and blow it completely out of proportion.

Indeed. XB1 pretty much erased the lead WiiU built up in Destiny week alone.

Ka-pi96 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Wii U can win. It's not impossible.

Simply requires a TON of change from Nintendo. That is :
embrace hype , online , follow trends a bit more.
More megatons.
Quicker game development

BE AGGRESSIVE. Not slightly passive aggressive....

All of those things are exactly what Nintendo need to do.

Although it may be a little late for the Wii U, maybe they would be better off doing that on their next console. If they really go for it they could have a great console, generate a tonne of hype, get 3rd party support and bring in a load of new fans all at once then.

It's better to start doing that soon....

And keep improving until next gen - where they should just go all for it. Starting from:

Awesome launch

Hype

Great games lineup for the first year, and launch day.

Hype

Continue with getting 3rd party games, like Bayonetta + devil's third.

Try again with 3rd parties - ask them what they want in the next console ect.

No stupid name.

One of : Zelda , Pokemon , Smash at luanch. (or if handheld, then pokemon definitly.)

^Basically , get a very good start, unlike what we witnessed this gen.

What am I missing about the poll result? XB1 is slightly ahead, how is that surprising? Anyways, the WiiU can absolutely get 2nd. They just have to start making the right moves. They most likely won't, but it's certainly possible.

Something...Something...Games...Something