By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's Betrayal of 2013

why would you suggest that MS should buy exclusives in the OP? Is it for them to stay relevant in the gaming industry?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Vasto said:
All this just because Xbox One got another good game.

This is a topic people have been discussing since before the PS4 and X1 released. The X1 getting a new low 80's title isn't particularly relevant.

nah, I think it does have something to do with it.

Ka-pi96 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Funnily it's a complete coincidence, I have talked about this with my friends since launch of the new consoles.. I've only recently hit the 50 post requirement to make threads.

Oh well, fair enough then. Sorry I assumed otherwise.

I didn't even know there was a 50 post requirement though, not really something I ever had an issue with

Don't worry about it man, I've been lurking for a long time and when I finally made an account I only really posted once I was really compelled to so it took a while.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

2013 was meh, but 2014 was way better

u already got titanfall and forza horizon 2
when was the time x360 was the mass exclusive console?

prinz_valium said:
2013 was meh, but 2014 was way better

u already got titanfall and forza horizon 2
when was the time x360 was the mass exclusive console?

By that do you mean when was the last time the 360 had more exclusives release in a year than the PS3?

If so then if we limit the search to games with a meta of 75+ (since i have said data readily available :p), then the last time was 2007. The closest since then was 2012, which was a pretty bad year for both. The PS3 then regained its support in 2013 and 2014.

Around the Network

If you buy an Xbox console, don't expect much return on that investment. They don't have the long-term support that you see with Sony hardware.

More like it's last 3 years. Even 2014 PS3 got a good few exclusives. Sony know how to support a console.

Blob said:

Haha I had hoped that knack would be an average platformer compared to mario, I couldve handled/enjoyed an average platformer....

I have to disagree I think the PS4 was very rushed. They were advertising the order and driveclub as essentially launch or launch window titles yet it was almost a year till we got the first. I should also mention I felt the Xbox was also rushed to release, although not as much as the PS4.

Depends on what you mean by rushed, I guess. Sony was dead set on not launching a year behind again since it killed them the first time, and it was especially crucial not to do so if they were going to start charging for online. So they had to ship what they could ship in November 2013, which meant some promised OS features weren't ready. In that sense it definitely was rushed, although that's kind of the case with every product that has a deadline. But I don't think they originally intended a later launch date or anything like that, and I wouldn't surmise that on the basis of two games that seem to have had problematic developments. At least DriveClub had, and in that case the delay was precisely because they didn't want to rush out a bad game. (Unfortunately they just seem to have released a bad game later. Oops!)

Software wise it's par for the course for Sony to focus heavily on their outgoing console in its last year before being replaced while going rather softly on the brand new one. But I think the apparent dearth of software isn't really as bad as it seems, and both PS4 and XB1 would look a lot more exciting if so many of the big games this year weren't cross generational up ports. Even then, comparing their first year to other consoles' first years, it's been a pretty good one as far as games go.

Yeah, 360's support was quite bad. Another reason why I understand many people don't trust MS.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Vasto said:
All this just because Xbox One got another good game.

Just like we see more threads comparing wiiu vs x1 the bigger the gap between ps4 and x1 gets.  It goes both ways.