By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's Betrayal of 2013

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
More like it's last 3 years. Even 2014 PS3 got a good few exclusives. Sony know how to support a console.

The only PS3 exclusive I can think of that Sony are releasing this year is LBP. 1 =/= a good few.

Poor MLB The Show, it gets ignored every year.

Although do not forget about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix or Guity Gear X3rd, .

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The only PS3 exclusive I can think of that Sony are releasing this year is LBP. 1 =/= a good few.

This was about Sony supporting the console with exclusives, so the 2 non-Sony ones aren't really relevant.

As for MLB... Baseball is kind of non-existent here in Europe so easy to forget, sorry

MLB should NEVER be forgotten. It's the only MLB title available on any console.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ka-pi96 said:
Euphoria14 said:

This was about Sony supporting the console with exclusives, so the 2 non-Sony ones aren't really relevant.

As for MLB... Baseball is kind of non-existent here in Europe so easy to forget, sorry

Well, at least Sony set up the PS3 well to still get some support from (Japanese) 3rd parties.

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
More like it's last 3 years. Even 2014 PS3 got a good few exclusives. Sony know how to support a console.

I can't remember specifically how many Sony themselves are releasing on the PS3 in 2014 (i'd be surprised if it was more than 3, given how many they released last year), but in terms of general exclusives the PS3 has had quite a few in 2014. So far this year it's had 7 75+ metascore titles (3 80+). Not sure how many if you include titles like Tales of Xillia 2 that got less than 75 though. I'd guess around 12.

Microsoft hasnt really done anything for the 360 since kinect launched though.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:

Well, at least Sony set up the PS3 well to still get some support from (Japanese) 3rd parties.

It's not about setting it well, it's about selling in homeland. Microsoft did their best to convince japanese developers and it wasn't enough, so they just flocked toward playstation as a developing choice.

The only reason we don't see more Tales of on Nintendo or Microsoft consoles is because of how well its games sell on playstation in Japan. It has nothing to do with the console being well set up, just to set an example.

Wright said:
Aura7541 said:

It's not about setting it well, it's about selling in homeland. Microsoft did their best to convince japanese developers and it wasn't enough, so they just flocked toward playstation as a developing choice.

The only reason we don't see more Tales of on Nintendo or Microsoft consoles is because of how well its games sell on playstation in Japan. It has nothing to do with the console being well set up, just to set an example.

Didn't the Wii sell really well in Japan, though?

One of the reasons some of my friends switched from 360 to PS4. 2010-2013 was mostly kinect shovelware for XB360.

Erwin-VGC said:
One of the reasons some of my friends switched from 360 to PS4. 2010-2013 was mostly kinect shovelware for XB360.

Shovelware? Halo Reach, CE Anniversary, H4, Summer of Arcades, Gears 3, Forza 3 and Horizon, etc...

And the Kinect games that MS put out were mostly high quality. Just because some people don't like Kinect it doesn't mean it is shovelware.

That's just like me calling JRPGs shovelware because they're not my type of game.

Not sure why you'd include downloadable titles and F2P stuff for Sony but leave out the same things for Microsoft. They had stuff like Battleblock, State of Decay, and Skulls of the Shogun. All stuff that was published or developed by MS. And we've learned from the PS4 launch that downloadable/indie titles actually DO count. Also some F2P stuff I never bothered with.

So I guess depending on taste one could say 360 had a slow 2013 in terms of games actually brought to the table by MS, but a betrayal? LOL. Also, they have had a good 2014 as well. It's funny, they get criticized for this so called lack of long term support, but then when games like Horizon 2, Fantasia, Spark, etc, are revealed to be cross gen, people complain about them not moving on.

Maybe Sony had such a big 2013 because they have almost nothing for 2014 aside from a yearly baseball update and LBP3?