By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Sunset Overdrive Metacritic/review thread - Current meta: 82

Tagged games:

What do think about Sunset Overdrive's Meta score?

Too High 92 29.97%

Too Low 42 13.68%

hmmmm about right 137 44.63%

See Results 36 11.73%

Total:307

I'm going to be honest, I can't believe it did as well as it did. It seemed the game was pretty lackluster at PAX when it was "the most generic shooter I've ever played, gussied up with bad humor and a new coat of paint."

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:

What exactly did I make up? 

THat Sony ever turned them down.  That is an assumption and nothing more on your part.   And if they did, that makes sony look bad so its not like im defending that fo MSFT's purpose.

That you know how long Microsoft/Insomniac partnered up for because there has never been any information on that either

That last bit, yeah they want to own the ip.  That has been known for a while and im sure they had the freedom to do with whatever they wanted with it.

Im actually very calm in reality.  Nor am i offended.   I can imagine that about 90% of the people on this site  that visit regularly doesnt take you serious regardless of which console they support. All im doing right now is trying to see if youll stop trying to spead falsified information based on what you want it to be.  Every once and a while its ok to give credit where is due. MSFT/Insomniac deserve(insmoniac the majority of it) a little credit

-snip-

Well done to Insomniac, the game looks great. Sony certainly dropped the ball here, I would definitely have bought this game for my PS4. Is it worth buying an Xbox One for? No, not in my opinion. But it does look great(graphically and gameplay wise) and I love that it does not conform to the conventional space marine/army soldier/hardened war veteran setting that is so prolific now. Sony should have just let Insomniac keep the IP. Microsoft made a good choice here.

Man what a shitty turn this thread took with all the off topic talk on page one. At least STAGE managed to save it by chiming in with such a fresh and original take on development and how MS has no creativity and deserves absolutely 0.0% credit for this game. Thanks, man!

Regarding Sunset, great reviews. As harsh as reviewers are being, I expected high 70's at the most. Sucks that some shitty review like Videogamer is bringing it down. Probably Qt3 eventually, too.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
TurboElder said:
kowenicki said:
TurboElder said:

As always, Microsoft whores: Polygon & Joystiq are giving this game a very high notes. If it was a PS4 exclusive they would give this game 7/10 (Polygon) and 6/10 (Joystiq).

This garbage needs to stop.  It is conspiracy theory nonsense.

What about all the other good scores?

What about $750.000 that Microsoft gave Polygon?

What a waste of money

Polygon:

Forza Horizon 2:  70 (meta average 86)

DriveClub:  75 (meta average 71)

Give it a rest.  Its boring and smacks of saltyness ove ra nother well received retail Xbox one game.

Let him be salty dude, the forza franchise as a whole is great but horizon definitely beat out drive club. The game was pretty but thats not always what its about. Horizon is about fun and driveclub doesnt provide onlinewise on level with horizon. As you showed him, the metacritic scores speak for themselves.

This is a good day for insomniac. The reviews have awakened me to newer elements that i never knew about the game. Theyve gone underrated for far too long.

YES!

I got it right so far

Im glad the XONE continues to get very good reviews from their exclusives. I hope it sells.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
This is a good day for insomniac. The reviews have awakened me to newer elements that i never knew about the game. Theyve gone underrated for far too long.

That^ Nothing to do with Microsoft or Sony; just nice to see Insomniac coming out with a good rated game (and very original one). 

Also, I was not really planning to buy this game at first but after looking at gameplay videos in the past few weeks I decided to pre-order it.
I'm really excited about it now :)

Another quality game for Xbox One. Halo is pretty much a given to get good reviews. Keep it up Xbox!