By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW hardware + US software 18th October 2014

Aerys said:
colafitte said:
Now I'm sure PS4 will sell more than 20m before 2015...

almost 13m by the end of October + 3-3'5m in November + 5-6 m in December = 21-22 mill by year's end

I still can't believe how people still doubt PS4 could reach PS2 sales....

I think this is totally crazy to expect 8-9M in 2 months ( i predict 6M at least and 7M at best)but who knows, PS4 is an unpredictable monster

Is it even possible when you consider they would have to produce the majority of that 8 million over the same period?

Around the Network
celador said:
Aerys said:
colafitte said:

almost 13m by the end of October + 3-3'5m in November + 5-6 m in December = 21-22 mill by year's end

I think this is totally crazy to expect 8-9M in 2 months ( i predict 6M at least and 7M at best)but who knows, PS4 is an unpredictable monster

Is it even possible when you consider they would have to produce the majority of that 8 million over the same period?

If Sony made at launch last year around 4'5 mill...., they absolutely can produce in all 2014 16-17mill consoles. It's have done before with PS2 and Wii, so I don't see the problem. And by the way, they don't produce Nov-Dec consoles just in those months, they've been producing them all year to have enough stock in those months, like every other company.

Yeap PS4 didn't go below 200k after Destiny... and from now it will only increase.

The Destiny Bundle jumped from #41 to #28 in the Amazon 2014 ranking after launch... it is selling like hot cakes... maybe that is why my list of users playing Dedtiny is increasing instead to decrease... I'm having peak of 40 friends playing the game when at the end of September I had peak of 30.

Nice numbers. Can't wait to see how many PS4 units have been sold by the end of this year.

Can't wait to see what the PS4 does in Nov./Dec. if October is this crazy.

Around the Network
colafitte said:
Aerys said:
colafitte said:

Wii did 9'1m in 2008 and 10'2m in 2009 in those months (Wii did 6'0m in 2007). I CAN believe PS4 will do at least 7mill but I'm expecting more than 8m because maths don't lie....

Yes but it was not the first year, the second year is always bigger, i think it's more like 2007 for Wii, it sold around 7M from October 20, 2007 to december last week ( including 5 days of january)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

PS4 has sold 2.1 million consoles since the launch of Destiny.

So PS4 will probably have one week around 1M like Wii ( 1,4M before christmas)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Yes but it was not the first year, the second year is always bigger, i think it's more like 2007 for Wii, it sold around 7M from October 20, 2007 to december last week ( including 5 days of january)

Well, what i'm saying, is that, if PS4 beat Wii in its first holiday, PS4 will beat again Wii in its second Holiday season, by similar margin.

Ka-pi96 said:
daredevil.shark said:

By then PS4 / Xbox One will be $299. All anti console guys will stop the doom of consoles. I am loving these numbers.

Yep, great numbers. Those doomongers can suck it!

I'm one of doomsayers

NNID: FrequentFlyer54