By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW hardware + US software 18th October 2014

Ka-pi96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I hate looking at the UK sales sometimes, they just look so small and depressing compared to the US sales

well you British dont buy as much do you XD

We do try

its ok we have more nerds than you(not saying all the console owners are nerds but we have a lot of nerds that like video games in the states)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I hate looking at the UK sales sometimes, they just look so small and depressing compared to the US sales

well you British dont buy as much do you XD

Mainly because us Europeans almost have to pay 33% more for a game or a console, sometimes the amount is even bigger. Gaming for the british lads is even more expensive, so blame it on the value of the Euro and the British Pound. Furthermore the US is a hell a of a lot bigger , so you should compare germany, france, italy and the UK vs US. The US still wins easily but the Euro numbers are less depressing.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Ka-pi96 said:

Also... adjustments for the 11th October.

Was Now Adjustment
PS4 191,018 294,322 +103,304
Xbox One 83,851 117,103 +33,252

HOLY adjustments Batman!  PS4 is losing it's 60% marketshare for 2014 if it keeps this up though DOOOOOOM lol.  Seriously that's about the only thing that's left in suspense is whether it reaches 50% marketshare for lifetime (something Wii never did), 60% for this year at the end, and/or leads every week of the year (Wii never did either)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Slarvax said:
WiiU 3,332 (+37%) 356,359

Ok, seriously. Why? 

So not only USA, but also UK... maybe it really is Bayonetta working her magic, since if it was for upcoming Holidays, I would expect Japan to also see a boost, but it didn't... next week should be a very interestin one, Bayo 2 + that awesome Smash Bros U Direct, if it was enough to drive used consoles of Nintendo's hand, the sells in retailers should also be magnificent.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

CosmicSex said:
DialgaMarine said:
Ok, even I'm questioning it at this point... What the hell is driving the PS4 so strong right now?

Why not?  The system plays games doesn't it? 

The answer is very easy. The Xbox Brand was never strong to begin with. It was relatively healthy in the US, because of Microsoft's heavy promoting, but mainly because of the NETWORK EFFECTS.

Outside the English speaking nations, none of these effects existed. The only major reason why X360 even sold elsewhere is PIRACY, without which, X360 would not even sell half its numbers outside the English speaking regions.

Now, XB1 does not have

the price advantage

the early launch

similar horse power

superior development support and tools

network effects

but to the contrary, they suffer from

inconsistent policies, and outright lies

broken promises

underwhelming console

What did you expect? Nobody outside the US and Canada must have been expected a different result, seriously!

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network
shogunknight said:
Wow, ps4 is almost at 12.5 million. It sold so many units in Europe and N.America (isnt this driveclubs 2nd week?). I guess it may clock 15m by end of this year. XB1 did good too. That new Monster Hunter and New 3ds demand, wonder how much of a bump 3ds would have when Pokemon ORAS gets released next month

15m by the end of the year would be a catastrophe of epic proportions, it would actually have to slow down. Sales are really heavily skewed toward November and December and the PS4 is most probably going to sell around or over 1m a couple of weeks in December. Expect no less than 18m.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
shogunknight said:
Wow, ps4 is almost at 12.5 million. It sold so many units in Europe and N.America (isnt this driveclubs 2nd week?). I guess it may clock 15m by end of this year. XB1 did good too. That new Monster Hunter and New 3ds demand, wonder how much of a bump 3ds would have when Pokemon ORAS gets released next month

15m by the end of the year would be a catastrophe of epic proportions, it would actually have to slow down. Sales are really heavily skewed toward November and December and the PS4 is most probably going to sell around or over 1m a couple of weeks in December. Expect no less than 18m.

ill be one of those 18 million this christmas :)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
shogunknight said:

Welcome to the club :)

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Tlozjb said:
Slarvax said:
WiiU 3,332 (+37%) 356,359

Ok, seriously. Why? 

So not only USA, but also UK... maybe it really is Bayonetta working her magic, since if it was for upcoming Holidays, I would expect Japan to also see a boost, but it didn't... next week should be a very interestin one, Bayo 2 + that awesome Smash Bros U Direct, if it was enough to drive used consoles of Nintendo's hand, the sells in retailers should also be magnificent.

Hmmm... I didn't think about that. Maybe it is Bayonetta? I mean, besides VGC bad tracking, there is no other reason as to why, right?

@Bolded. Now that is interesting... You are changing the way I look at this... creepy.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

OfficerRaichu15 said:

Welcome to playstation family.