By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW hardware + US software 18th October 2014

Ka-pi96 said:
MoHasanie said:
Ka-pi96 said:
daredevil.shark said:

By then PS4 / Xbox One will be $299. All anti console guys will stop the doom of consoles. I am loving these numbers.

Yep, great numbers. Those doomongers can suck it!

I'm one of doomsayers

You are anti-console?

Nooo, of course not. But I do think consoles are dying and peaked in the 7th gen. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Tlozjb said:
Slarvax said:
WiiU 3,332 (+37%) 356,359

Ok, seriously. Why? 

So not only USA, but also UK... maybe it really is Bayonetta working her magic, since if it was for upcoming Holidays, I would expect Japan to also see a boost, but it didn't... next week should be a very interestin one, Bayo 2 + that awesome Smash Bros U Direct, if it was enough to drive used consoles of Nintendo's hand, the sells in retailers should also be magnificent.

Hmmm... I didn't think about that. Maybe it is Bayonetta? I mean, besides VGC bad tracking, there is no other reason as to why, right?

@Bolded. Now that is interesting... You are changing the way I look at this... creepy.

It is quite possible, afterall it seems finding the game in a store is proving to be quite a test, so people that knew about the game before the commercial(didn't air till around the 18th, I think) and the Playboy promotion(that by what the Playboy page shows began around the 24th) probably bought their consoles to be on the safe side. Yeah, aside from VGC's tracking, their couldn't be another answer, since their doesn't seem to be a new game for Wii U on that week.

Next week should be interesting, both the Bayo 2 effect and the SSBU Direct effect, this will be very interesting, afterall, unless I'm misremembering, not even Mario Kart 8 lead to the refurbished bundles to be sold out.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

This makes me wonder if Sony actually slowed down production since the launch of the PS4

AZWification said:

Even the Vita is not reaching 10k in Japan anymore... :/

*Puts hand on shoulder

It's over

Tlozjb said:
Slarvax said:

Hmmm... I didn't think about that. Maybe it is Bayonetta? I mean, besides VGC bad tracking, there is no other reason as to why, right?

@Bolded. Now that is interesting... You are changing the way I look at this... creepy.

It is quite possible, afterall it seems finding the game in a store is proving to be quite a test, so people that knew about the game before the commercial(didn't air till around the 18th, I think) and the Playboy promotion(that by what the Playboy page shows began around the 24th) probably bought their consoles to be on the safe side. Yeah, aside from VGC's tracking, their couldn't be another answer, since their doesn't seem to be a new game for Wii U on that week.

Next week should be interesting, both the Bayo 2 effect and the SSBU Direct effect, this will be very interesting, afterall, unless I'm misremembering, not even Mario Kart 8 lead to the refurbished bundles to be sold out.

The thing is, most of the time when a new game comes out, the console sales drop the week before release, not boost. That would make a lot of sense with a bundle, but even without a bundle, why buy the console to not use until next week?

IMO, the people that went to the Playboy promo already had a Wii U. And the game selling out it's more on the undershipping side than the overselling side. But any way I want to spin it, I think we'll be surprised by its sales numbers.

Nope. This is the first time a Direct did something that affected sales, that we know of at least.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
kumagawa said:

Damn Borderlands is well down on the 2nd's USA first week. I know it's not a real sequel but it has been 2 years since 2 was released and while a drop was expected not 82%!

Looking at Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and The Evil Within first week sales I expect more layoffs at there developers within 3 months due too poor sales.

Not being on PS4/Xbone is a big 2K mistake. 

kitler53 said:
while i think ps4 was undertracked before,... i think we overcompensated here. i think these will be adjusted down eventually.

What do you think they should be?

After September NPD I think PS4 was at or near 12 Million, and this adds another 2 weeks of sales to that.

My 8th gen collection

Since September 28th, PS4 has sold about 153k rest of the world, compared to 160k of Xbox One, even with the China launch PS4 is not far behind.

Also, I have PS4 with over 3 million sold in Europe for 2014, can anyone verify this?

WiiU :(

PS4 still outselling Wii U in Japan. What a nic preview of what's to come next year :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Slarvax said:
Tlozjb said:
Slarvax said:

The thing is, most of the time when a new game comes out, the console sales drop the week before release, not boost. That would make a lot of sense with a bundle, but even without a bundle, why buy the console to not use until next week?

IMO, the people that went to the Playboy promo already had a Wii U. And the game selling out it's more on the undershipping side than the overselling side. But any way I want to spin it, I think we'll be surprised by its sales numbers.

Nope. This is the first time a Direct did something that affected sales, that we know of at least.

To make sure you have it, or to make sure you don't use the money for other stuff before the release, it is better to buy it beforehand, than waiting to the exact day and risk not finding the console or that you had to use the money inbetween those days.

Um, I'm talking about the Playboy promo in their Facebook page and main page, not the launch event at Nintendo World. True, at the end we will be surprise, either for them being too low, or for them being beautifully high.

Interesting... I suppose it could be people that based their whole Wii U purchase on how SSBU would be, and now that they have seen it, they went out and bought it, and possibly got games they also wanted to play, but were not the make it or break it deal for them, so next week will be interesting, Wii U may even go pass 100k. Hopefully  Nintendo doesn't let this streak stop, the stars are aligned, but if they do not release at least one game a month, atleast till 2016, then any fighting chance Wii U has, will be over.

Edit: Wasn't this the week that Bayo 2 reviews began to appear?

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst