By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloomber article: Sony Shareholders Have Too Much Patience

Daamn that was...shit...whew, chill nigga

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
Aura7541 said:

Um, the 360 only recently began to profit overall. How about you gather the evidence first, and then, form a conclusion instead of just blurting out assumptions?

He won't, because he can't. The PS1 was profitable, the PS2 was profitable, the PS4 was profitable...

Sony lost money because of the PS3... in 2008. It started making profit in 2010, 4 years ago. So that gives us 4 profitable consoles, and two of them are among the best selling consoles of all time, and the fourth is following the same path.

The Xbox 360 did great, but overall, Xbox is a loss of money for MS. Playstation isn't. But he will never admit it.

I'm not so sure if Sony broke even on the PS3 yet, but I do agree on all the other 3 Playstations.

Aura7541 said:
Dadrik said:
Aura7541 said:

Um, the 360 only recently began to profit overall. How about you gather the evidence first, and then, form a conclusion instead of just blurting out assumptions?

He won't, because he can't. The PS1 was profitable, the PS2 was profitable, the PS4 was profitable...

Sony lost money because of the PS3... in 2008. It started making profit in 2010, 4 years ago. So that gives us 4 profitable consoles, and two of them are among the best selling consoles of all time, and the fourth is following the same path.

The Xbox 360 did great, but overall, Xbox is a loss of money for MS. Playstation isn't. But he will never admit it.

I'm not so sure if Sony broke even on the PS3, but I do agree on all the other 3 Playstations.

It was a tough gen for Sony, but it made profit in the end, according to reports.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

toastboy44562 said:

Nope Xbox 360 = decent profit (+)

Adding up Sony platforms (positive and negative ones) =  loss (-)

You really should go look it up, over the life time Xbox is still a massive loss, despite some years of profits from 360. 

Aphelion said:
I have to ask. Any one here actually give a shit about sony ?

I care about PS, but sony can go belly up today and i wouldn't even notice. PS will survive one way or another, the rest of sony well i just don't care about corporations like some on here to really give a single F about it.

Let it die, who rally cares.

I agree with you. Not that radically, but still

Playstation is a great brand, with worldwide recognition, a great past, amazing current year, and a very promising future. If Sony gets into serious trouble, or even folds under, somebody will surely purchase it and keep it going. And keep the successful management and gamer oriented strategy.

The facts that I also own a Sony phone, DVR and TV are pure coincidences, as Sony has a very competent distributor in Croatia, and often gives best deals. If all those other things go away, I'll just buy something else.

I enjoy games, and will surely enjoy my Playstation for years to come, but in no way do I feel committed, or even enamoured by the entire company to care and write poetry for every single move every single division of it does. I do not identify with any company, and find it very silly of people who defend the entire multinational corporation because of one or few products they use.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
Aura7541 said:
Dadrik said:

I'm not so sure if Sony broke even on the PS3, but I do agree on all the other 3 Playstations.

It was a tough gen for Sony, but it made profit in the end, according to reports.

Oh, cool

The PS3 has good legs, so whatever Sony gets from the PS3 from here on out is a bonus.

toastboy44562 said:
Dadrik said:
toastboy44562 said:
This is why I own Microsoft shares. Xbox is always profitable. Windows is always profitable, surface breaks even, Microsoft is the king of innovators unlike Sony.

Microsoft lost about 3 Billion $ in 10 years in the market because of Xbox. Try again, but a bit harder, please.

They lost money off of original xbox and made profit overall on the Xbox 360. Xbox devision has been making steady profit since Xbox One came out. They are somewhere in the positive overal. Sony on the other hand, has never made a penny off playstation thanks to PS3. try harder

Stop spreading lies, close minded panda!!!

people stop fighting we all know Nintendo is the moneymaker in the console business...

well not right now

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kowenicki said:
Aphelion said:
toastboy44562 said:
Aphelion said:
toastboy44562 said:
Dadrik said:
toastboy44562 said:
This is why I own Microsoft shares. Xbox is always profitable. Windows is always profitable, surface breaks even, Microsoft is the king of innovators unlike Sony.

Microsoft lost about 3 Billion $ in 10 years in the market because of Xbox. Try again, but a bit harder, please.

They lost money off of original xbox and made profit overall on the Xbox 360. Xbox devision has been making steady profit since Xbox One came out. They are somewhere in the positive overal. Sony on the other hand, has never made a penny off playstation thanks to PS3. try harder

Yet reality is oppopsite, but it is you so the post makes sense.

Nope Xbox 360 = decent profit (+)

Adding up Sony platforms (positive and negative ones) =  loss (-)

Nope its not, its fancy accounting on MS part as a decade long loser would look bad on their sheets.  

Every cry about PS3 and loses is hilariously ignorant as none can understand and factor in what BR victory was worth to sony, i seriously doubt you do or can.

yeah it was worth so much to them... Sony corp has lost billions year after year ever since.  Well worth it.

BR isnt Sony''s, not even close.

I never claimed they own BR.

They lost billions so what.  What does that have to do with what i said ?

What got you so emotional that you can't even post a good reply.  

*sigh* I was once at a meeting in a bank. A spokesman from the Japanese public transport sector was speaking on how the public transport in Japan was worth investing in. One of the bankers asked "And how is the shareholder-friendliness evolving", with which he meant how much the shareholders had to say in a company (and how much they got out of it). I had to control myself to not shout out that shareholders should at least trust the company they're investing in. Investing merely for your own profit and not caring about the company and it's philosophy is what caused, causes and will cause economic crises. You need to believe in your company.