By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloomber article: Sony Shareholders Have Too Much Patience

Its no coincidence that anything with the name Bloomberg is full of piss and shit.

Around the Network

There is no guarantee that PlayStation 4 would survive Sony's destruction.

In general, large companies have trouble acting rationally because there is no market for internally exchanged goods and services. With no markets, and no market prices, there is no telling whether a given internal exchange generates financial gains or losses. If the company is liquidated and if the PS4 division is laid bare, then it is possible that it will be exposed as an engine of financial destruction that was propped up by other parts of the company.

My prediction is that the Bank of Japan will prop up all of Sony, ultimately ending in a hyperinflationary depression in Japan and a total, catastrophic collapse of the Yen.

Aphelion said:
I have to ask. Any one here actually give a shit about sony ?

I care about PS, but sony can go belly up today and i wouldn't even notice. PS will survive one way or another, the rest of sony well i just don't care about corporations like some on here to really give a single F about it.

Let it die, who rally cares.

Agreed, though I'll still notice when Sony does go belly up

On a more serious note, I hope Sony actually cuts the dead weight in a more punctual manner. While Playstation is owned by Sony, they are two distinct entities. The same applies to MS and the Xbox. Yes, I do care about Sony, but I care about Playstation a lot more. A lot of people don't realize this distinction. Also, the company with the most money doesn't necessarily wins the console generation. We're already seeing this with the X1. MS is trying and really trying. Making a deal with SE to get timed exclusivity for Tomb Raider was good for MS (and dumb for SE) since the X1 really needs differentiating games. MS also spent $500 million to advertise the X1 as the "official console of the NFL". I see it get advertised a lot during football games and expect it to be advertised plenty during tonight's Broncos vs. Chargers game. However, these deals have done very little to help the X1 sell.

kowenicki said:

Emotional?  lol.  get a grip pal.

How was BR worth it if they have lost billions since they launched it?  It was a simple question.

Nothing in your post was at all formated as a question, your post lacked a ? mark.  

I assumed there was no question.  Looking back at it some more it looks to me more like a fanboyish jab then any attempt at asking a question.  

Quote Tree Shortened and User Moderated - Conegamer

kowenicki said:

I get it... you dont want to answer.  thats fine.

If you want to ask something, first learn to actually write a question.  You may get anwsers.

Around the Network

I think the question was "How was BR worth it if they have lost billions since they launched it?"

I would try to answer, but I don't know what BR is!

Blouge said:
I think the question was "How was BR worth it if they have lost billions since they launched it?"

I would try to answer, but I don't know what BR is!

BluRay, if I'm not mistaken

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Everyone, please settle down. It's getting out of hand here.

Let's all take a deep breath and return on topic, else the banhammer will be headed your way.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Aphelion said:
I have to ask. Any one here actually give a shit about sony ?

I care about PS, but sony can go belly up today and i wouldn't even notice. PS will survive one way or another, the rest of sony well i just don't care about corporations like some on here to really give a single F about it.

Let it die, who rally cares.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Who says any new owner of the Playstation Brand could make good use of it, nevermind the fact that in case of a liquidation of Sony there could very well be a case where someone else would own critical patents to the console, possibly putting the console to a dead stop. Also the fact that in such a case their rights for their exclusive games would be auctionned, and surely there will be some other interested in them. Just imagine Nintendo buying the right for God of war or Uncharted for a second, as this could be very possible considering how much money Nintendo has.

Sony should probably go on and sell anything that ain't related to the Playstation or the Sony Studios, as they are the only really profitable parts of the company. I don't see them recovering without bailing out of the other sectors, but Hirai doesn't seem to be willing to do so, which could possibly doom Sony on the long run

Just dump tv, vaio. Focus on Gaming, movies, music and medical stuff, as well as professional equipment (4k projectors, cameras)

Release 2 phones every 8 months. One £500 premium model, and one £250 model, cheaper model.

Problem sorted.