By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One is not selling "well"

Is the Xbox One selling well?

No 450 59.84%

Yes 302 40.16%

Total:752
jlmurph2 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Xbox One is closer to Wii U numbers (2m) than $600 PS3 ones. And those 2.7m have been achieved through many price cuts, free games and other deals. Even MS knows it's not selling "well".

Wii U's 1st Jan-september was 1.3m. Why use its 2nd year to compare first years? Also, PS3 got a price cut in summer 2007 too.

You're right about the Wii U, I didn't realise. About the price cut, Xbox One got one too, so it's still a valid comparison.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

It will probably a modest success by generation end. Unless somehow, Sony goes for the throat of the competition and whitewash the Xbone

It's selling well now but I think 2016 is going to be pretty bad
Xbox have alot of great games but no advantages like last gen , and Halo cant boost consoles sales like it used to ( forza is no longer a system seller) 2015 only has Halo and Sony has uncharted and the holiday period to counter it

Troll_Whisperer said:
jlmurph2 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Xbox One is closer to Wii U numbers (2m) than $600 PS3 ones. And those 2.7m have been achieved through many price cuts, free games and other deals. Even MS knows it's not selling "well".

Wii U's 1st Jan-september was 1.3m. Why use its 2nd year to compare first years? Also, PS3 got a price cut in summer 2007 too.

You're right about the Wii U, I didn't realise. About the price cut, Xbox One got one too, so it's still a valid comparison.

Yeah, so Xbox One is actually closer to PS3 numbers than Wii U numbers. And I said "too" also.

jlmurph2 said:

Yeah, so Xbox One is actually closer to PS3 numbers than Wii U numbers. And I said "too" also.

Ultimately, it's selling very poorly.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Yeah they're quite disappointing. Microsoft had this gen in the palm of their hands before it started...it's gotta be one of the biggest PR fuck-ups of all time

Ka-pi96 said:
meh, it's doing better than the Wii U and that's what counts

Not really, well not to Microsoft.  Unless you get some gradification in it outselling the Wii U, which tbh is nothing to write home about.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/12/i-want-to-win-this-generation-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2aekbp/microsoft_ceo_satya_nadella_were_in_xbox_because/

Troll_Whisperer said:
jlmurph2 said:

Ultimately, it's selling very poorly.

Very poorly? That's not true, its selling fine. If it was selling very poorly then it would be where the Wii U was. You act as if its had weeks under 30k like the Wii U had plenty of times.

A console which sells well should be above 80k all year, the xbox one clearly did not manage that and needs a major launch to even get abov that number since the baseline is something like 60-70k, unless that baseline goes up to 80k and black friday and christmas will do miracles, you can´t say it has sold well, but perhaps it will in 2015

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

man-bear-pig said:
Yeah they're quite disappointing. Microsoft had this gen in the palm of their hands before it started...it's gotta be one of the biggest PR fuck-ups of all time

Sony saying PS3 should require people to get a second job to afford was pretty bad.