By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Xbox One could hit its stride in 2015

I think 2015 will be a very good year for Xbox. Really looking forward to seeing games like Phantom Dust and Scalebound.

Around the Network

It's more likely the Wii U will have a spectacular 2015 than the XBox One. And Nintendo refuses to advertise anything, so that's not very likely.

Thing is, as well as the X1 is doing, the PS4 is doing better. It has a wider variety of titles and by the time we get to 2015 it will have the superior used game market in North America. When it comes to directly competing with the PS4, the X1 has thusfar lost. I see no reason for that to change.

Locknuts said:
I reckon they could be right. It's certainly got the games to do it. This whole 1080p vs 900p crap is ridiculous anyway. The PS3 caught up despite being sub HD in some multiplats with noticeably worse framerates.

Wrong! People only think about US when talk about 360 vs PS3 but the true is, PS3 never had to catch up 360.It was released 1 year after and still outsold 360 WW most of the time. 

Why? because Playstation 3 had something xone doesn't have....Worldwide brand recognition!

European countries are Playstation loyals

Japan even with all the problems is still a wining for playstation against xone

USA ,basically the 360 market space,is now going back to ps4

Xone doesn't have europe and japan to juice up its sales like PS3 had.The moment Xone lost USA for PS4 was the moment Microsoft lost any chance of outsells Sony.And even if they recover USA,it will not be 2:1 ration like it was last gen.

OttoniBastos said:
Locknuts said:
I reckon they could be right. It's certainly got the games to do it. This whole 1080p vs 900p crap is ridiculous anyway. The PS3 caught up despite being sub HD in some multiplats with noticeably worse framerates.

Wrong! People only think about US when talk about 360 vs PS3 but the true is, PS3 never had to caught up 360.It was released 1 year after and still outsold 360 WW most of the time. 

Why? because Playstation 3 had something xone doesn't have....Worldwide brand recognition!

Xone doesn't have europe and japan to juice up its sales like PS3 had.The moment Xone lost USA for PS4 was the moment Microsoft lost any chance of outsells Sony.A even if they recover USA,it will not be 2:1 ration like it was last gen.

Nah. Xbox could overtake PS4 in NA (biggest market don't forget) and the UK. The rest of Europe will be a tough sell. Japan doesn't even matter anymore as a console market. I reckon it could catch up.

MS should probably just focus on outselling the Wii U at the moment.

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
OttoniBastos said:
Locknuts said:

Wrong! People only think about US when talk about 360 vs PS3 but the true is, PS3 never had to caught up 360.It was released 1 year after and still outsold 360 WW most of the time. 

Xone doesn't have europe and japan to juice up its sales like PS3 had.The moment Xone lost USA for PS4 was the moment Microsoft lost any chance of outsells Sony.A even if they recover USA,it will not be 2:1 ration like it was last gen.

Nah. Xbox could overtake PS4 in NA (biggest market don't forget) and the UK. The rest of Europe will be a tough sell. Japan doesn't even matter anymore as a console market. I reckon it could catch up.

are you delusional? doesn't matter if USA is the biggest market.Like i said even if MS overtakes US it will not be like last gen where x360 was 2:1 against PS3.

MS would have to sell their console to aliens to catch up an hope sony doesn't do the same.

OttoniBastos said:
Locknuts said:
OttoniBastos said:
Locknuts said:

are you delusional? doesn't matter if USA is the biggest market.Like i said even if MS overtakes US it will not be like last gen where x360 was 2:1 against PS3.

MS would have to sell their console to aliens to catch up an hope sony doesn't do the same.

What's with the aggressive beginnings? It doesn't make you any more right. It's still early. They can catch up. I'm not going to waste any more of my time replying to you though. You clearly don't know how to have a decent conversation.

Locknuts said:

What's with the aggressive beginnings? It doesn't make you any more right. It's still early. They can catch up. I'm not going to waste any more of my time replying to you though. You clearly don't know how to have a decent conversation.

Not early any more, its not been a close year either.  PS4 won the sales battel all year many time by as much as double in and that is US alone.  World wide its closer to a train wreck where there is 0% chance of any catching up.  

MS said it best them selfs, first to 10m wins.   They said it becasue by then a defacto #1 choice has been made by a majority of the market and all the sales that follow also follow that view.

Locknuts said:

Him being aggressive doesn't make him anymore clear but the rest of what he says couldn't be anymore on point ... 

Being early or not has no bearing to the platform's image. ALMOST every console that has failed in it's first year has also failed in the end. What your expecting out of the Xbox One isn't very rational when you consider that Microsoft is more content with a porfitable duopoly rather than making losses and that they really have no vision in their pipeline to stop the vicious cycle of consumers thinking that It's an inferior PS4 much like how consumers thought that the PS3 was an inferior Xbox 360 ... 

The question then begs, how is Microsoft with the Xbox One supposed to catch up to the PS4 WITHOUT incurring losses ? 

It's really going to take a miracle for the Xbox One to make a comeback...

It's very hard to rebuild your customers' trust once you've shattered it into tiny bite-sized pieces. And the PS4 will already have a massive sales lead by the time that happens.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens