By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 11 October 2014

Xevross said:
small44 said:
It's driveclub or nba who boost ps4 in usa?

PS4 wasn't boosted, September was adjusted up. It actually went down in USA by about 1k compared to Oct 4th week

you are wrong ps4 had 59,648 last week this week it's 70,992

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
kljesta64 said:
Wii U undertracked as usual.

It's still overtracked.

OT: I literally laughed out loud when I saw the Driveclub number, sorry but just no, I don't believe that for a second.

Yeah, its obviously way too high.

kowenicki said:
Its best I dont comment in this thread.

Too late. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

DerNebel said:
kljesta64 said:

It's still overtracked.

OT: I literally laughed out loud when I saw the Driveclub number, sorry but just no, I don't believe that for a second.

Driveclub had 100k of preorders and is the frist trackracer on PS4 do it's not that hard to believe after all.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Xevross said:
DerNebel said:

It's still overtracked.

Yeah, its obviously way too high.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Burek said:
Tier 2/China/FH2 over, XOne drops considerably.

It is becoming increasingly clear that we will have a constant bump-and-drop by XOne, with game releases giving it small, unsustainable sales boosts.

I am inclined to be even more certain that PS4 will win November easily, with only Nov.11 week boosting XOne. CoD week will be won by PS4 no doubt.

The only thing that might influence this in XB1's favor is the bundle, though that to me is a huge wildcard.  Sure the 1TB HD is going to be nice, but the inflated price might be too much for some.  If I were at all interested in CoD though, this would probably be enough to make me bite on my XB1 purchase.

The bolded part is of course said because that bundle is $499. Which is a terrible value considering a regular console with game is $399 max. 1TB (well, a 500GB upgrade is definitely a bad deal, especially with XOne's ability to use external drives that are considerably cheaper...)

There is still 15 days for MS to drop the price. If that bundled gets lowered to regular $399, they will certainly win. But right now, I find it a bad price-value proposition. 

Qwark said:
DerNebel said:
kljesta64 said:

It's still overtracked.

Driveclub had 100k of preorders and is the frist trackracer on PS4 do it's not that hard to believe after all.

It had 100k pre orders according to vgchartz, that really doesn't say much.

I am just kind of pissed all the NPD leakers at GAF are either no longer posting, or lost their sources because relying on vgc numbers alone seems not reliable when it is the only source.

bigtakilla said:
HOLY CHRIST dat Smash 3DS! Hope the Wii U version does the same thing (and I'm pretty sure it's going to).

that's not a Smash boost, I believe it the new monster hunter in Japan. It sold crazy good, more than smash, if i'm not mistaken.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Qwark said:

Never, ever believe VGC's pre order charts . While that is true, a lot of the sales of this game will have been digital. Also, racers are a lot more popular in Europe and ROW and these numbers suggest WW Driveclub would have sold more than it actually has. My lowest ranked friend has barely any fame and is #296k on the leaderboard. I bet it sold less than 400k up to this point.