By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did PS3 owners accept lazy ports?

Tagged games:

celador said:
Wii U owners boycotted lazy ports and now they have practically no support from third parties

Because other people accept bad ports.

If you let devs do what they want of course you do get bad ports.  Everyone should have boycotted them so they would not dare to offer crap again.

Humans are lazy and not really smart (they do what others do and what is IN at the moment.) this has nothing to do with a fanbase its humans in general. This is also why we get broken games or day1 DLC and all the other crap noone actually likes. As long as people support shit  shit will happen.

Its in every part of our life even in politics. A country would lose every big company or rich people when rich people would be taxed the same way normal people are (fair taxes.The more you own the more taxes you pay) If for example Germany would start to make rich people pay more taxes then those would leave Germany and move to England or whatever. If the whole EU would do that rich people and companies would move to the US or whatever.  As long as not everyone is doing the same the result will always be "FUCK YOU I MOVE ON THEN"  People need to act in concert.

another example is this:
Why do you think a person called WORKER working in job X gets payed that bad? Because he is replaceable. Other people will work for low wages so the result is our friend WORKER gets paid that shitty. If everyone would say "thats not enough I wont work for that little money" everyone would earn more money. But people dont care for quality value fairness or whatever or they are just weak personalities.

So in your example not boycotting the games resulted in WiiU having no third party   it was other people accepting bad ports that showed the third party "see this is how I can make easy money. No effort needed here".

Spiltcoke said:
Him what do you mean? What choice did ps3 gamers have. Was either accept it or not play the games.

Easy choice IMO  there is better stuff out there

Around the Network

Nintendo conditioned Nintendo gamers to look elsewhere for third party by refusing to work with third parties in moving forward with formats once Sony joined the industry. Once they no longer had the power they felt no need to play ball and a great portion of their third party gamers left and still didnt return after the Wii came out, though they did open up a new market though.

JazzB1987 said:
celador said:
Wii U owners boycotted lazy ports and now they have practically no support from third parties

If you let devs do what they want of course you do get bad ports.  Everyone should have boycotted them so they would not dare to offer crap again.

Humans are lazy and not really smart (they do what others do and what is IN at the moment.) this has nothing to do with a fanbase its humans in general. This is also why we get broken games or day1 DLC and all the other crap noone actually likes. As long as people support shit  shit will happen.

Its in every part of our life even in politics. A country would lose every big company or rich people when rich people would be taxed the same way normal people are (fair taxes.The more you own the more taxes you pay) If for example Germany would start to make rich people pay more taxes then those would leave Germany and move to England or whatever. If the whole EU would do that rich people and companies would move to the US or whatever.  As long as not everyone is doing the same the result will always be "FUCK YOU I MOVE ON THEN"  People need to act in concert.

another example is this:
Why do you think a person called WORKER working in job X gets payed that bad? Because he is replaceable. Other people will work for low wages so the result is our friend WORKER gets paid that shitty. If everyone would say "thats not enough I wont work for that little money" everyone would earn more money. But people dont care for quality value fairness or whatever or they are just weak personalities.

So in your example not boycotting the games resulted in WiiU having no third party   it was other people accepting bad ports that showed the third party "see this is how I can make easy money. No effort needed here".

Spiltcoke said:
Him what do you mean? What choice did ps3 gamers have. Was either accept it or not play the games.

Jesus Christ, do me a favour and never have me read anything where you talk about economics ever again. That was painful.

I accepted them by always waiting until they were dirt cheap before buying them :p I don't mind a bad port (as long as it's still functionally playable), I just won't pay full price for it.

These days though I just buy it on PC. If the PC port is also poor, I apply the aforementioned strategy.

ghettoglamour said:
If a bad port is still an awesome game, like Skyrim, I'll play it. You know why? Because it's still fun.

If you think it's more fun to childlishly try to achieve anything by "boycotting" any games, go ahead.

Oh? Bethsaeda makes good games full of bugs in every platform. It isn't fun when I play a game and in a hour find more than 10 bugs. Are you trying to insult me by saying I'm childish? Because I would never pay for a game that's fun but has so many bugs. Bethseada's bug testing team, if they even have one, are pathetic.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

I didn't, I bought them on PC, or passed on them completely. Most PS3 games I bought were exclusives.

DerNebel said:
JazzB1987 said:
celador said:

another example is this:

Spiltcoke said:

Jesus Christ, do me a favour and never have me read anything where you talk about economics ever again. That was painful.

Why? noone forced you to read it.

As a part timer I earned 15€ per hour. Other people doing the same thing for most companies earnerd 8€ some only 4€. I was working 48h per month got 720€ per month + ~400€ "Urlaubsgeld" (Holiday allowance) + ~400€ "Weihnachtsgeld" (Christmas allowance) and also had almsot 40 "bezahlte Urlaubstage pro Jahr". (paid vacation days per year).

p.s. that was 15€ per hour because of all the late shifts "Spätschichtzuschlag" (late shift bonus)

People dont know value be it value of products or their own.

There weren't that many genuinely bad ports

There were a few were there were marginal differences to the 360 version, but still broadly the same. If the PS3 versions were genuinely terrible, then I avoided them, but in general I put up with it because I preferred the controller

Because you either played those ports... or you didn't play anything. Most multiplatform versions where inferior on the PS3 so you really had to deal with it...

The exclusives worked pretty well though.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I didn't accept lazy ports. But I also didn't blow the whole thing out of proportion either.

Take Red Dead Redemption for example. The game, even with a resolution a little lower than on the XBox 360, still looked gorgeous and ran smoothly. It didn't bother me one bit that the game didn't look as sharp as the 360 version.

The same applies to most third party games I played. Although, I'll be honest, before I sold my XBox 360 (my third, after two RROD), I would buy the version that ran the best between the two consoles.