By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Watch Sunset Overdrive's In-Game Message to Reviewers

What a cool feature. The more I hear and see about this game the better it seems it will be. Xbone owners in for a treat.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
Burek said:
kowenicki said:
No embargo... how novel.

I guess some developers have faith in their games.

Do you know that, or are you just assuming? If you are correct, we can expect first reviews maybe even tomorrow or Tuesday and find out if it's overhyped or not...

Maxim stated that 24 hours before the game releases reviews will be up so an embargo one day before its release...

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. These days holding the review embargo until so close to release tends to mean that the dev isn't confident it will get good reviews. Hope that's not the case though, have always had faith in this game delivering and still do.

That is the first game I will get with a digital preorder.
It will score upper 70s, because it is fresh and new - something reviewers don't like.

It would score much better if it was another "normal" shooter like Resistance or Wolfenstein or Metro. Sad but true.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
It will score upper 70s, because it is fresh and new - something reviewers don't like.

It would score much better if it was another "normal" shooter like Resistance or Wolfenstein or Metro. Sad but true.

I dunno about that. I think reviewers have tired of the typical shooter in the past couple years, hence why none of them have really gotten raves for awhile now. My main concern is that the game will be too "gimmicky" for some and start to wear thin as it goes on. Hopefully Insomniac found a way to prevent that though.

"Suckset TV". Nice touch.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

None of those are normal shooters. Especially not Metro. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
DirtyP2002 said:

None of those are normal shooters. Especially not Metro. 

The hate games get for fitting, however losely, the fps genre is silly.

That's like hating on mario by default "ugh another platformer"

Game should be fun but I will probably be busy with Horizon 2 when it comes out.