By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Watch Sunset Overdrive's In-Game Message to Reviewers

kowenicki said:
No embargo... how novel.

I guess some developers have faith in their games.

Do you know that, or are you just assuming? If you are correct, we can expect first reviews maybe even tomorrow or Tuesday and find out if it's overhyped or not...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Burek said:
kowenicki said:
No embargo... how novel.

Do you know that, or are you just assuming? If you are correct, we can expect first reviews maybe even tomorrow or Tuesday and find out if it's overhyped or not...

Well seeing as there has been very little hype... it can't possibly be overhyped.

Indeed many people on here keep saying it looks boring and shit.

I'm guessing it will score better than many recent games though.

You are correct, to me it seems that the game has very little hype or publicity. At least not as much as I would have expected from an exclusive game. Then again, I don't follow XBox games news that closely, but my feeling is that - outside of the dedicated forum users - the game has very little exposure to the general audience.

To me it doesn't look boring, it is just very annoying. After that E3 trailer I decided to avoid much further exposure, it was a 3 minute trailer in which the main character wouldn't shut up. It's like they try to make it "cool", but more like 12-yo short-attention-span cool. I just think I would go insane playing through the entire game, unless it was on mute.

Had someone asked me for a score then, I would have said mid-80s, but after seeing many good games barely make it into the metacritic green, I'd say this game will be there as well, and Ithink it will have a very wide range of scores, from 95 all the way down to 55-60.

Also, tried to google a bit, some places mention that there is an embargo - Monday, 27th, but I couldn't find any concrete confirmation of it...

Mystro-Sama said:
mysteryman said:
I admit that I couldn't watch it all because it made me cringe. The game looks otherwise decent, but it's trying too hard and that is offputting to me.

Reminds me of Deadpool. It's only funny during ocasional moments, I can see this game getting lame in a couple minutes.

Ahaha, your signature killed my childhood.

kowenicki said:
Burek said:
kowenicki said:
No embargo... how novel.

Well seeing as there has been very little hype... it can't possibly be overhyped.

Which ones?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

Which ones?

All of them.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
kowenicki said:
Burek said:
kowenicki said:
No embargo... how novel.

Which ones?

He probably means recent games scoring in the mid 70's

jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
kowenicki said:

Which ones?

Driveclub and Destiny? Well I would expect to score better than those considering all the positive press coverage. Something in the mid 80s seems about right. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Burek said:
kowenicki said:
No embargo... how novel.

Maxim stated that 24 hours before the game releases reviews will be up so an embargo one day before its release...

I love a game with a sense of humor. You guys know any that are coming out?

j/k that wasn't bad

Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:

Driveclub and Destiny? Well I would expect to score better than those considering all the positive press coverage. Something in the mid 80s seems about right. 

Also Evil Within, Sleeping Dogs and Alien Isolation (even though thats high 70s). Not many recent games have hit 80.