By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why does Sony release unfinished Products and take forever to Update?

I agree Sony is taking long to release some features. I thought suspend/resume would come out before, and I thought PS1/PS2 emulation would come out sooner as well.

However Playshare is a big feature, and PS Now is huge, so I think Sony has been doing more substantial features than MS.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Shit takes time, they have a shit load to do with all those ps4 selling like hotcakes don't you remember how long it took Nintendo to release wii motion plus? what they actually advertise as the wii not some waggle control

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Good things come to those who wait.

DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Because you can always update software and not hardware. Sony likes to see what Microsoft does software wise so they can also use it on their console. Ex: party chat, achievements plus other small things. Plus hate should be coming my way. But its just the truth.

Yeah like MS coped PS plus, where is MS PS now? PS had twitch streaming first, where is MS share play, Reality is different then your narrative. So much for it being the truth...Oh look MS got bluraym wireless after Sony too.

Giving "free" games is not something Sony thought about and its not innovation. Having a streaming app on your device first doesn't mean crap as seeing streaming apps being everywhere. Microsoft doesn't have share play. You can use smart glass which is an app and not a device. Blue ray was not made by Sony only. I like how you Sony fans still believe Sony owns blu ray. Several corporations hold different patents and not just Sony. Lastly did you just say wireless??!! Not sure if serious...

Wireless was not created by Sony and is found on almost every device out there. These are things Sony created themselves. That's what I want to know. What did Sony innovate? 

Sony wss the first to do it in the consoel space as a service fact to give free content...MS did not invent achievements either but yet you give them credit?? LMAO biasd much? Sony was the first to psh it in the console space period, also first. non of the thingds ms did were created by MS either..PS now was created by SONY, Morpheus was, Share play was,. Sony was the first to do all of these is a fact. MS never invented any of the thins it foes either...Yo dont need to invent something to be the first do to it in your products space...keep spinning.

Sony ws also the first to allow remote lay, Day 1 digital, auto firmware downlaods, cloud saves.

Sony was also the first to use media as a selling point for a console, which MS quickly copied and tried to capitalize on, PS2 was a big success because of it's movie dvd player.

Facts like I said don't match your narrative

Where have you seen achievements before the 360? Steam did them after so don't say they did it. PS plus is just free games just with a fancy name....again not innovation. Morpheus?? Lol....virtual boy doesn't ring a bell? 
Day 1 digital/ cloud saves and auto downloads have been on PC for ages so again fail! 

Nice try though.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Because you can always update software and not hardware. Sony likes to see what Microsoft does software wise so they can also use it on their console. Ex: party chat, achievements plus other small things. Plus hate should be coming my way. But its just the truth.

Yeah like MS coped PS plus, where is MS PS now? PS had twitch streaming first, where is MS share play, Reality is different then your narrative. So much for it being the truth...Oh look MS got bluraym wireless after Sony too.

Giving "free" games is not something Sony thought about and its not innovation. Having a streaming app on your device first doesn't mean crap as seeing streaming apps being everywhere. Microsoft doesn't have share play. You can use smart glass which is an app and not a device. Blue ray was not made by Sony only. I like how you Sony fans still believe Sony owns blu ray. Several corporations hold different patents and not just Sony. Lastly did you just say wireless??!! Not sure if serious...

Wireless was not created by Sony and is found on almost every device out there. These are things Sony created themselves. That's what I want to know. What did Sony innovate? 

Sony wss the first to do it in the consoel space as a service fact to give free content...MS did not invent achievements either but yet you give them credit?? LMAO biasd much? Sony was the first to psh it in the console space period, also first. non of the thingds ms did were created by MS either..PS now was created by SONY, Morpheus was, Share play was,. Sony was the first to do all of these is a fact. MS never invented any of the thins it foes either...Yo dont need to invent something to be the first do to it in your products space...keep spinning.

Sony ws also the first to allow remote lay, Day 1 digital, auto firmware downlaods, cloud saves.

Sony was also the first to use media as a selling point for a console, which MS quickly copied and tried to capitalize on, PS2 was a big success because of it's movie dvd player.

Where have you seen achievements before the 360? Steam did them after so don't say they did it. PS plus is just free games just with a fancy name....again not innovation. Morpheus?? Lol....virtual boy doesn't ring a bell? 
Day 1 digital/ cloud saves and auto downloads have been on PC for ages so again fail! 

Nice try though.

Again all you are doing is dismissing anything sony has done and champion anything ms has done...Ms did do a few new things...but so did sony, your console war mentality is pathetic...PS plus was the first system of it's kind in gaming period. PS now, Morpheus is not new exciting tech?? Saying lol doesnt help your arguments.

Achievemnets were on p for ages too..point?>? Sony was the first in the consle space, ms followed. Why canot I stream 360 games on X1? Sony did a lot of cool things way before MS did, and still are. Where is shareplay for x1? Thats an awsome feature.

Nice try indeed, your arguments are nt in touch with reality. Why cant i stil take screenshots on x1? its simple and fast n ps4. Where is play go on x1? OIh snap sony ahead of MS there too.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

Idk what the hell was going on with the single player. I tried it like 3 times and the 3rd time i sent in a report. I guess the system noticed the problem and asked me if i wanted to inform Evolution on what happened. It recorded me getting kicked off and i explained what happened in like 2 or 3 sentences and sent it to them. The next day is when i got on the PS4 and seen the patch.

To be fair, i dont have the greatest connectiin because even my tablet and 360 lose connection sometimes.

Ive definitely noticed it with Destiny though. I have PVZ Garden Warfare and Destiny but i got kicked off Destiny a lot more times than PVZ. Its like the slightested hitch in your connection will get you sent back to orbit on Destiny lol. Lucky it didn't happen enough to really kill the game. I just know that an always online environment is NOT where gaming should EVER go.

Driveclub probably did work those couple of days i didn't play it. Maybe i just got unlucky because everytime i got on it, the challenges and those other options would be dark aswell as mutiplayer. lt would cut on really quick but then cut off after a few seconds but i never really stayed on it long enough to see if the servers would fully cut back on. I would just get on for a quick second to see if the my club and challenges options were darkened out and if they were, i would just cut the game off and eventually try again the next day.

Maybe a bug. My internet is far from stable too. I had to move the cable modem to the loft so we get decent wifi in the living room. Means my wired connections are useless now in my game room and wifi reception sucks there. Just enough bandwidth for multiplayer, downloading takes forever. I'm not looking forward to always online either. Better wifi modems first please.

I noticed it can take a few minutes before you get a connection with the driveclub server with the state it is in currently. My unlocked club cars are unavailable right when I start. Do a race or two and they're back. Challenge options have never been available to me, but in some races those random face-offs have started appearing. On Thursday club stats seemed to work, yet every goal was still at 0 (club lvl was 22). I guss you work on those goals via club challenges which don't work yet.

I doubt it will work much better today with the weekend traffic, as last night Club leaderboards disappeared again. I wonder how many people are playing that the servers keep getting cripled so much.

DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Nice try though.

Again all you are doing is dismissing anything sony has done and champion anything ms has done...Ms did do a few new things...but so did sony, your console war mentality is pathetic...PS plus was the first system of it's kind in gaming period. PS now, Morpheus is not new exciting tech?? Saying lol doesnt help your arguments.

Achievemnets were on p for ages too..point?>? Sony was the first in the consle space, ms followed. Why canot I stream 360 games on X1? Sony did a lot of cool things way before MS did, and still are. Where is shareplay for x1? Thats an awsome feature.

Nice try indeed, your arguments are nt in touch with reality. Why cant i stil take screenshots on x1? its simple and fast n ps4. Where is play go on x1? OIh snap sony ahead of MS there too.

Morpheus is just virtual boy in case you didn't know. Are you 9? Virtual boy was a real thing and Morpheus is just copying it. Sony is allowing you to stream old games on ps4 and other devices but you don't need that since BC works better and Microsoft said they are working on bringing BC to the Xbox one so they don't need a streaming service.
 You are just listing things that can be done on ps4....I can play that game too. 

Where is snap on ps4? I love using to things at once. Where is the media player? Support for several formats? Where are the monthly updates? Microsoft is working on ways to sell/lend or borrow digital games for the Xbox one.....now that is what I call innovation. Plus not to mention the family share plan....something steam already copied. It won't surprise me if Sony picks these features in the future. I wonder where Sony got all those camera features from.....the ability to say "Xbox on, Xbox off" Sony added all those camera features at the last minute....

JazzB1987 said:
mornelithe said:
Probably because they have a list of priorities, and everything you've mentioned is lower down on the list. That's my guess.

What are their priorities then?

Games? I dont see any.
Online? Way to shitty for it to require a fee.
Vita? Sony does not even know what this is.

TBH Nintendo has kind of an excuse to not have so many games. Because they need to develop for 2 systems. Sony on the other hand....
What exactly is sony doing?

You're not looking very hard. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Seems like they rush the release of their products. Maybe they are having cash flow problems and they need money quickly.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

DeadBigfoot21 said:

Morpheus is just virtual boy in case you didn't know. Are you 9? Virtual boy was a real thing and Morpheus is just copying it. Sony is allowing you to stream old games on ps4 and other devices but you don't need that since BC works better and Microsoft said they are working on bringing BC to the Xbox one so they don't need a streaming service.
 You are just listing things that can be done on ps4....I can play that game too. 

Where is snap on ps4? I love using to things at once. Where is the media player? Support for several formats? Where are the monthly updates? Microsoft is working on ways to sell/lend or borrow digital games for the Xbox one.....now that is what I call innovation. Plus not to mention the family share plan....something steam already copied. It won't surprise me if Sony picks these features in the future. I wonder where Sony got all those camera features from.....the ability to say "Xbox on, Xbox off" Sony added all those camera features at the last minute....

Sony aren't copying the Virtual Boy :p VR headsets/goggles are a very old sci-fi concept.

VB and Project Morpheus are attempts to bring that concept to life. The difference of course is that PM has an additional 20 years of hardware advancements to help it to archive its vision.

Project Morpheus is just as deserving of praise as Kinect. Both are, after all, simply the progression of other people's ideas. You don't have to like them both to see they are functionally identical in that respect (as are both things).