By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why does Sony release unfinished Products and take forever to Update?

Jazz2K said:
GTAexpert said:
Jazz2K said:
Because they don't care? And neither does their user base. Sony has always been bragging about this and that long before it happens and people are willing to wait and/or just appologize for them so why the rush.

A good example is the Drive Club situation. It was delayed, people can't have the free version promised, they don't have the weather expansion yet and they have all these server problems but are people complaining? Not much, most just appologize for Sony.

I think it's possible to be a fan of a company but still call them for their mistakes. People act like if you are not satisfied with a service provided by a company it automaticaly means you're a faboy of other consoles... you can voice yourselves with your wallet you know that.

All Driveclub customers are complaining about the poor servers. It has very good gameplay and experience which makes it even harder for us to resist the online club aspect of the game. I bought Driveclub mostly for the online portion, but currently I am stuck with the single player. Its still awesome, but it would be much more awesome online. So you're wrong when you say that we don't complain to Sony about such things, we do.

As for the PS+ version, its coming, but of course they first need to stabilise servers for those who have already bought the game like me. The weather patch was supposed to come out later anyway, all of us knew about that.

I feel for you man. Online heavy games should have a different way of making money other than the entry price. This way, they would hurry their asses to provide more stability to keep their customers happy. I don't know what though but if mmos had these problems people would just stop paying for the monthly subscription. But we don't want monthly subs either.

Driveclub has a single-player mode, so that's probably why its full price. I don't mind the price, and certainly I really like the gameplay, but I do mind the servers not running. Atleast, Sony should learn to handle these things from their biggest competitor.

Around the Network

You brought it to yourselves.
How many ps+ members did complain about the invisible drive club edition? I subscribed a year ago for the sake of DC on PS4 at launch and some free vita games which I barely played later. One year later I still can't play DC so I won't support PS+ again until Sony give me compensation.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Because you can always update software and not hardware. Sony likes to see what Microsoft does software wise so they can also use it on their console. Ex: party chat, achievements plus other small things. Plus hate should be coming my way. But its just the truth.

Yeah like MS coped PS plus, where is MS PS now? PS had twitch streaming first, where is MS share play, Reality is different then your narrative. So much for it being the truth...Oh look MS got bluraym wireless after Sony too.

JazzB1987 said:
mornelithe said:
Probably because they have a list of priorities, and everything you've mentioned is lower down on the list. That's my guess.

What are their priorities then?

Games? I dont see any.
Online? Way to shitty for it to require a fee.
Vita? Sony does not even know what this is.

TBH Nintendo has kind of an excuse to not have so many games. Because they need to develop for 2 systems. Sony on the other hand....
What exactly is sony doing?

WOW, just WOW, I cannot believe some trolls are holding unto the no games narrative. There is a longer list of games  for pS4 then MS or nintendo had year 1, thsats a fact. Are you forgettign while sony released FF14, MLB the show, TLOU, MS had a 9 month drought? Or only select months count for your narative? Sony has more retail games this year, more downloadable titles.Yo9u also forget Sony has a bigger list next year too? What does MS have before fall 2015? Sony has the orderm and bloodborne in Feb.

Sony has more games, and spreads them out....MS threw theres into fall, but had less overall then sony.

You are inferring sony fans are dumb as well, bannable posts from you imo.

Oh and most people dont care if a game is exclusive or not, a good game is a good game....... let me guess indes are not games either right? Keep up the good fight bro, and keep spinning that false narrative. Multiplats drive the industry by far the most.

I really feel that "unfinished product" is not really a problem here. The console will get updates and new services for years, it's not like they could deliver every single feature day 1. OK, they talked about resume very early, that's one of the few points where you can talk about "unfinished", but still, overall it plays games, they delivered the core features, and you can expect a few undelivered features.

No, the problem is, as you said, that they are just so damn slow to deliver updates ! And in lot of cases it just not takes forever, the result is just awfull. The invitation in games on the PS3 was pathetic, sending a message, finding it. I feel they are still thinking like an electronic manufacturer, you deliver the product, reduce cost where ever you can, and feature development is one of these cost. I hope it will get better with the PS4, because they now have the power, memory, dev capabilities of a PC, while the PS3 was specific and constrained development. But still, I can't understand for trophies.

Around the Network

I guess x1 without twitch at launch, storage management, still no screenshots, cannot upgrade hard drive, was unfinished too right?

Also, seeing how many sony fans supporting the excuses for DC ps+ edition, I guess it won't be coming this year. They can just release it by disabling the online features to keep their promise but they don't. We all know why.

mymuro said:
Also, seeing how many sony fans supporting the excuses for DC ps+ edition, I guess it won't be coming this year. They can just release it by disabling the online features to keep their promise but they don't. We all know why.

Thats evolutions fault not sony's....it is Evolutions servers not PSn that is the issue... Either way one incident does not make any of the OP's or argument here true. Nice strawman, show anyoen defending the drive club debacle? Where are all these defenders? Evolution screwwed up, point?

DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Because you can always update software and not hardware. Sony likes to see what Microsoft does software wise so they can also use it on their console. Ex: party chat, achievements plus other small things. Plus hate should be coming my way. But its just the truth.

Yeah like MS coped PS plus, where is MS PS now? PS had twitch streaming first, where is MS share play, Reality is different then your narrative. So much for it being the truth...Oh look MS got bluraym wireless after Sony too.

Giving "free" games is not something Sony thought about and its not innovation. Having a streaming app on your device first doesn't mean crap as seeing streaming apps being everywhere. Microsoft doesn't have share play. You can use smart glass which is an app and not a device. Blu ray was not made by Sony only. I like how you Sony fans still believe Sony owns blu ray. Several corporations hold different patents and not just Sony. Lastly did you just say wireless??!! Not sure if serious...

Wireless was not created by Sony and is found on almost every device out there. These are things Sony created themselves. That's what I want to know. What did Sony innovate? 

DeadBigfoot21 said:
DarkThrall said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Giving "free" games is not something Sony thought about and its not innovation. Having a streaming app on your device first doesn't mean crap as seeing streaming apps being everywhere. Microsoft doesn't have share play. You can use smart glass which is an app and not a device. Blue ray was not made by Sony only. I like how you Sony fans still believe Sony owns blu ray. Several corporations hold different patents and not just Sony. Lastly did you just say wireless??!! Not sure if serious...

Wireless was not created by Sony and is found on almost every device out there. These are things Sony created themselves. That's what I want to know. What did Sony innovate? 

Sony wss the first to do it in the consoel space as a service fact to give free content...MS did not invent achievements either but yet you give them credit?? LMAO biasd much? Sony was the first to psh it in the console space period, also first. non of the thingds ms did were created by MS either..PS now was created by SONY, Morpheus was, Share play was,. Sony was the first to do all of these is a fact. MS never invented any of the thins it foes either...Yo dont need to invent something to be the first do to it in your products space...keep spinning.

Sony ws also the first to allow remote lay, Day 1 digital, auto firmware downlaods, cloud saves.

Sony was also the first to use media as a selling point for a console, which MS quickly copied and tried to capitalize on, PS2 was a big success because of it's movie dvd player.

Facts like I said don't match your narrative