By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are your (main) reasons why you bought the Wii U?

Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:

80% for Bayonetta 1 and 2.
15% for Zelda 2015 and WW HD

5% for other games that I consider 'extras' for the time being, and because I want to play Nintendo for 1st party and 3rd Party - since no way I will ever want or have enough money for 2 home consoles.

pbroy said:
Squeezol said:
pbroy said:
For my mom. She likes Mario

What a trendy mom. She knows what's up!

Yup. She beat the first Super Mario Brothers at the age of 65. Only took her 15 years, but through constant play every night she persevered and did it. That's what's up

WOW! I feel proud for your mom.

Very touching story between a Gaming mom and her Gaming Son...

OP: I bought it because I knew the Limited Edition Zelda Bundle was going to be a really Limited Edition, so I moved fast on it before they become scarce. Backwards compalibity was also a good reason (wanted to play my backlog of Wii games as best looking as possible). Also, it's simply Nintendo. I've owned all the Major systems since the SNES (Though I skipped on the NDS). And even though I only own 4 games for it (LoZ:WW, Nintendoland, MK8, and Hyrule Warriors), I enjoyed all 4 and I don't regret my decision. I am planning to buy Bayonetta and Smash when they come out too.

Nintendo exclusives and asymmetric gameplay.

I've had plenty of fun with family and friends with the three competitive asymmetric games in Nintendoland and I'm waiting for more experiences like that.

Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo exclusives. Bayonetta 2 was my primary reason though.

NNID: TheCCluc

Zelda, everything else is a bonus I guess.
I could go without Kart, Smash, Mario etc. but because Zelda is coming to WiiU I must own a WiiU and why not enjoy its other great games whilst I wait.

Around the Network

Bought my wiiu mainly for smash, but bought it at the time of mk8 to 'get used to it' lol

I'll get a Wii U mainly for Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, The Legend of Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Backwards compatibility and free online play (the ONLY console to have those now) are certainly two huge pluses as well.

Fun.